Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Am I at the right place?

I subscribed to this newsgroup because I'm very interested in bread
baking and pastries but instead I find page after page of spam. Did I
sign up for the wrong thing or have the news groups just been taken
over? Is there any way to filter out the garbage and only see the
good stuff?
Posted to rec.food.baking

clara wrote:
> I subscribed to this newsgroup because I'm very interested in bread
> baking and pastries but instead I find page after page of spam. Did I
> sign up for the wrong thing or have the news groups just been taken
> over? Is there any way to filter out the garbage and only see the
> good stuff?

You're in the right place, but a bunch of groups have been spam and
crank targets.
There are ways to filter the messages you receive, but they depend upon
what you are using to view them. Most news readers have filtering
capabilities, but the details are specific to each one.
Posted to rec.food.baking
RsH RsH is offline

Right group, but many users are now found using Yahoo Groups such as

just to list three where bread is the item of discussion, and
moderators keep the spam out as much as possible.

RsH
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:01:25 -0800 (PST), clara >
wrote:

>I subscribed to this newsgroup because I'm very interested in bread
>baking and pastries but instead I find page after page of spam. Did I
>sign up for the wrong thing or have the news groups just been taken
>over? Is there any way to filter out the garbage and only see the
>good stuff?

Seen in another place Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 4 17-12-2013 04:00 PM
That looks like a fun place to eat Mark Thorson General Cooking 0 06-08-2011 09:39 PM
The Ham Place No Name General Cooking 17 29-01-2009 02:23 AM
BLOG PLACE FORUMS Diabetic 1 30-01-2006 01:10 PM