Stephanie

Default Packaging homemade candy??

Hello,
I will be making some homemade candy as a housewarming gift for
Thanksgiving and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a
pretty way to package the candy and to keep it fresh? For instance,
should I use a metal tin box with some tissue paper inside or is there
a better way to package the candy in a nice, presentable way?

Stephanie
Margaret Suran

Stephanie wrote:

> Hello,
> I will be making some homemade candy as a housewarming gift for
> Thanksgiving and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a
> pretty way to package the candy and to keep it fresh? For instance,
> should I use a metal tin box with some tissue paper inside or is there
> a better way to package the candy in a nice, presentable way?
>
> Stephanie

You can find paper candy cups in kitchen supply and party supply
stores.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Margaret Suran >
wrote:

> Stephanie wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I will be making some homemade candy as a housewarming gift for
> > Thanksgiving and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a
> > pretty way to package the candy and to keep it fresh? For instance,
> > should I use a metal tin box with some tissue paper inside or is there
> > a better way to package the candy in a nice, presentable way?
> >
> > Stephanie

> You can find paper candy cups in kitchen supply and party supply
> stores.

What kind of candy? Individual pieces? A block of fudge? Individually
wrapped? A friend lines a tin with waxed paper and
lays/piles/stacks/smashes her ace peanut brittle in it. I used to make
several kinds of candies and would put them in paper pleated candy cups
(Maid of Scandinavia/Sweet Celebrations/Wilton) and box them. Pretty
spiffy looking if I do say. I bought the boxes from the Maid, too.
(They're a local company.) Taffy wrappers are available for wrapping
caramels -- dump those into a tin. The candy boxes come in a variety of
sizes.
--
-Barb
State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville
Anny Middon

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> You can find paper candy cups in kitchen supply and party supply
> stores.

If you live near a Walmart, you can get the cups there. They should be in
the crafts area, along with some other Wilton candy-making supplies.

Anny

Yummy quick , homemade chocolate candy truffle recipe [email protected] General Cooking 2 25-06-2007 06:35 PM
Homemade candy flowers (gummy) cheyjohn General Cooking 4 25-07-2006 06:33 PM
homemade hard candy Tim Recipes 0 04-12-2005 08:46 PM
Homemade candy shelf life DJS0302 General Cooking 5 05-11-2004 12:14 AM
Packaging homemade candy?? Stephanie Baking 2 16-11-2003 11:49 PM