FoodBanter.com

-   -   Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/138241-pumpkin-pie-without-evaporated.html)

Linda Grail 25-10-2007 11:54 PM

Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk?

Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
else?

Thanks a bunch.

Linda G.

Wayne Boatwright[_2_] 26-10-2007 02:49 AM

Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk?

Oh pshaw, on Thu 25 Oct 2007 03:54:31p, Linda Grail meant to say...

> Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
> else?
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Linda G.

Half and half cream.

--
Wayne Boatwright

The meek are getting ready.

Jim Lahue[_2_] 26-10-2007 04:41 AM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 25 Oct 2007 03:54:31p, Linda Grail meant to say...
>

>>Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
>>else?
>>
>>Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>Linda G.

> Half and half cream.

Or even whole milk (which is what my mother uses in her pumpkin pies).

Jim Lahue

Rina 27-10-2007 11:02 PM

Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk?

Regular milk... Whole, 2%, or skim what ever you use daily in your home.

.. .

Linda Grail 29-10-2007 10:36 PM

Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk?

Thanks everyone!!!

Can't wait to try with regular whole milk in one pie and 2% in
the other, just for fun. Always wondered why they try to make
you get evaporated milk for a pie...

Linda G.

Now, off to try and learn more about baking apples!

pamjd 12-11-2007 01:11 PM

On Oct 29, 2:36?pm, "Linda Grail" > wrote:
> Thanks everyone!!!
>
> Can't wait to try with regular whole milk in one pie and 2% in
> the other, just for fun. Always wondered why they try to make
> you get evaporated milk for a pie...
>
> Linda G.
>
> Now, off to try and learn more about baking apples!

I think it simply makes it more velvety. But I do use regular milk in
a pinch. But no cloves!
My whole family dislikes cloves. Pam