Old 20-10-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Default VERY Deep Dish Apple Pie...?

I was at Disneyland the other day and saw in one of their restaurants
that they had an amazing looking deep dish apple pie. The thing
must've been at least 4" thick. It was very impressive looking.
So, I decided that I HAD to make a pie that looked like that. I bought
up a bunch of apples last week since I knew I was going to want to be
making apple pies soon, so the timing was perfect. Here's my dilemma:

Where can I buy a VERY deep dis for the pie? I don't mean those "deep
dish" pie plates that Pyrex sells that are like, 2 inches deep. This
is seriously impressive so I need a serious piece of bakeware with a
very high side. I saw that Martha Stewart has a new line of items at
Macy's and since there's a Macy's nearby, I thought I might try that
but couldn't find the dimensions on any website. Does anyone have any
other ideas or tips about making this mammoth pie? I'm very excited
about it.

TIA!

Old 20-10-2007, 10:24 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Where can I buy a VERY deep dis for the pie? I don't mean those "deep
dish" pie plates that Pyrex sells that are like, 2 inches deep. This
is seriously impressive so I need a serious piece of bakeware with a
very high side. I saw that Martha Stewart has a new line of items at
Macy's and since there's a Macy's nearby, I thought I might try that
but couldn't find the dimensions on any website. Does anyone have any
other ideas or tips about making this mammoth pie? I'm very excited
about it.

TIA!

I would use my springform pan. If you need more of a lip for the
crust roll up a rope of tin foil and smoosh it around the rim of the
pan. I usually find it works just fine without the tin foil. You
might have to use low oven temp or saute the apples before filling the
crust tomake sure they get cooked before the crust gets too brown.
Good luck

Old 24-10-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On Oct 20, 2:24 am, pamjd wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't have thought to use a springform pan... I like it. I love
making apple pie.
thanks and hey Jen, post the outcome of the dangerously deep apple
pie...
thanks, chilichick

Deep Dish Turkey Pie Tim Recipes 0 20-08-2005 11:47 PM
Deep-Dish Tuna Pie Duckie Recipes 0 13-06-2005 04:55 PM
Deep Dish Pizza Tim Recipes 0 12-06-2005 02:11 PM