Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Pasta dough

I finally found the recipe! It came with the pasta attachment to our
Kenwood mixer.

500g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
water to make up to 220ml of liquid (including eggs)

Add salt to flour. Beat eggs. Add water to make liquid to 220 ml. Mix
together and shape into desired pasta shape. If the mixture is too dry, add
more water.

Enjoy!

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Oct 6, 11:46 pm, "Viviane" > wrote:
> I finally found the recipe! It came with the pasta attachment to our
> Kenwood mixer.
>
> 500g plain flour
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 4 eggs
> water to make up to 220ml of liquid (including eggs)
>
> Add salt to flour. Beat eggs. Add water to make liquid to 220 ml. Mix
> together and shape into desired pasta shape. If the mixture is too dry, add
> more water.
>
> Enjoy!

Up here in the Blue Mountains of NSW I'm sticking to the recipe I
found in an Italian cookbook -- this works just fine with my Italian
pasta-maker (an Imperia) which leaves out the salt and the water but
adds a dessert-spoon of olive-oil. I use two cups flour and three eggs
and the oil, and work it together by hand. If too dry, add another
egg. If too sticky, add some more flour. Just keep varying ingredients
until you're left with a firm dough which will go through the pasta
machine without sticking. BUT before using the dough, chill it in the
fridge for a couple of hours.
The salt isn't needed in true Italian pasta as the Italians use lots
of salt in the water when cooking it -- enough soaks into the pasta to
give it the right taste.
Interestingly, the recipe on the box of my Imperia ravioli-mould does
include some water -- maybe the pasta sheets for ravioli need the
water to stay more flexible than the pasta sheets used for fettucine,
spaghetti etc.
Cheers, Anthony

eggless pasta dough ? ksana Vegetarian cooking 2 09-11-2014 12:45 AM
Pasta Dough pressed through a sieve Ann Recipes (moderated) 0 04-02-2008 12:54 AM
Food processor meat grinding? pasta mixing? dough kneading? Peter[_6_] Cooking Equipment 44 03-11-2007 02:31 PM
Ravioli pasta dough? anthony Baking 7 03-10-2007 07:02 AM
Pasta dough in the KitchenAid? The Bubbo General Cooking 20 28-10-2006 05:09 AM