FoodBanter.com

-   -   re : measurement (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/135898-re-measurement.html)

ray 27-09-2007 11:48 AM

re : measurement

Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that calls for
1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\

Imperial or metric please...
regards Ray..............TIA

Chembake 27-09-2007 12:01 PM

re : measurement

On Sep 27, 6:48 pm, "Ray" > wrote:
> Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that calls for
> 1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\
>
> Imperial or metric please...
> regards Ray..............TIA

113.4 grammes or 4 ounces a stick

M. Halbrook 28-09-2007 03:46 AM

re : measurement

"Ray" > wrote in
:

> Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that
> calls for 1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\
>
> Imperial or metric please...
> regards Ray..............TIA

1 stick = 4 oz =1/4 lb

JimL 28-09-2007 07:05 PM

re : measurement

On Sep 27, 9:46 pm, "M. Halbrook" > wrote:
> "Ray" > wrote :
>
> > Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that
> > calls for 1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\

> > Imperial or metric please...
> > regards Ray..............TIA

> 1 stick = 4 oz =1/4 lb

That's four ounces of weight. But one stick is also eight ounces of
volume, equal to half a cup.
(I think)

M. Halbrook 29-09-2007 06:22 AM

re : measurement

JimL > wrote in
ps.com:

> On Sep 27, 9:46 pm, "M. Halbrook" > wrote:
>> "Ray" > wrote
>> :
>>
>> > Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that
>> > calls for 1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\

>> > Imperial or metric please...
>> > regards
>> > Ray..............TIA

>> 1 stick = 4 oz =1/4 lb

> That's four ounces of weight. But one stick is also eight ounces of
> volume, equal to half a cup.
> (I think)

Nope. 1 stick is 4 oz by weight or by volume.

ray 30-09-2007 06:43 AM

re : measurement

oups.com...

[email protected][_1_] 06-10-2007 03:08 AM

re : measurement

On Sep 28, 2:05?pm, JimL > wrote:
> On Sep 27, 9:46 pm, "M. Halbrook" > wrote:
>
> > "Ray" > wrote :

> > > Hi, could someone please interpret a measurement in a recipe that
> > > calls for 1 or 2 sticks of butter ?\

> > > Imperial or metric please...
> > > regards Ray..............TIA

> > 1 stick = 4 oz =1/4 lb

> That's four ounces of weight. But one stick is also eight ounces of
> volume, equal to half a cup.
> (I think)

There are eight fluid ounces in a cup.

pltrgyst[_1_] 06-10-2007 04:45 AM

re : measurement

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:05:56 -0000, JimL > wrote:

>> 1 stick = 4 oz =1/4 lb

>That's four ounces of weight. But one stick is also eight ounces of
>volume, equal to half a cup.
>(I think)

One stick is 8 *tablespoons*, or half a cup (4 oz. of volume).

-- Larry