Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Ravioli pasta dough?

Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.
Now I've bought on Ebay a Raviolamp Ravioli Classici Italian pasta
mould, and on the box it gives a totally different recipe -- for 6
people, use 3 eggs, 4 cups sifted flowers (sic), a quarter cup of
water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Does this recipe cater to the longer cooking time needed? The
instructions suggest 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water compared to the
three minutes I give my fettuccine. I'd like to benefit from your
experience before I try!

Posted to rec.food.baking

Anthony, where are you getting the 00 flour? I have been looking for
some, but honestly don't know where to start.

Doreen
in Northern Minnesota

anthony wrote:

>Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
>recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
>delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
>oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.

Posted to rec.food.baking

In our pasta maker we've used the same recipe for spaghetti, lasagne,
ravioli and all the others. Depending on how you found the first batch you
may or may not want to try another one. Our recipe calls for a certain
number of eggs per weight of flour (I can't remember the ratio) and for this
to be topped up with water to reach a certain liquid volume. The amount of
water depends on the weight of the eggs. It's given consistently good
pasta.

"anthony" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
> recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
> delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
> oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.
> Now I've bought on Ebay a Raviolamp Ravioli Classici Italian pasta
> mould, and on the box it gives a totally different recipe -- for 6
> people, use 3 eggs, 4 cups sifted flowers (sic), a quarter cup of
> water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
> Does this recipe cater to the longer cooking time needed? The
> instructions suggest 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water compared to the
> three minutes I give my fettuccine. I'd like to benefit from your
> experience before I try!

Posted to rec.food.baking

Thanks Viviane -- sounds as if I should give the recipe with some
water a try.
And sorry D and D -- my finding OO flour won't help you -- it was in
the racks of my local supermarket -- but I live in the Blue Mountains
of New South Wales, Australia!
Cheers

Posted to rec.food.baking

"D and d Jordan" > wrote in message
news:mailman.6.1190796902.56908.rec.food.baking@ma il.otherwhen.com...
> Anthony, where are you getting the 00 flour? I have been looking for
> some, but honestly don't know where to start.
>
> Doreen
> in Northern Minnesota

In Calgary, it is widely available in Italian delicatessens/groceries. I
would imagine that any major city near you would have one.
HTH
Graham

Posted to rec.food.baking

D and d Jordan > wrote in
news:mailman.6.1190796902.56908.rec.food.baking@ma il.otherwhen.com:

> Anthony, where are you getting the 00 flour? I have been looking for
> some, but honestly don't know where to start.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com They have a clone of 00.
Posted to rec.food.baking

"anthony" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
> recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
> delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
> oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.
> Now I've bought on Ebay a Raviolamp Ravioli Classici Italian pasta
> mould, and on the box it gives a totally different recipe -- for 6
> people, use 3 eggs, 4 cups sifted flowers (sic), a quarter cup of
> water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
> Does this recipe cater to the longer cooking time needed? The
> instructions suggest 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water compared to the
> three minutes I give my fettuccine. I'd like to benefit from your
> experience before I try!

The longer cooking time may have more to do with the filling than the pasta.
I use the same recipe for my ravioli as my ordinary pasta and it is fine.

I use 4 eggs for 1lb flour. Depending on the weather, I might put in a
tablespoon of Olive Oil or another egg if the eggs I have are a bit small.

Just a thought.

eggless pasta dough ? ksana Vegetarian cooking 2 09-11-2014 12:45 AM
Pasta Dough pressed through a sieve Ann Recipes (moderated) 0 04-02-2008 12:54 AM
Food processor meat grinding? pasta mixing? dough kneading? Peter[_6_] General Cooking 60 04-11-2007 06:25 PM
Pasta dough Viviane Baking 1 16-10-2007 12:01 AM
Pasta dough in the KitchenAid? The Bubbo General Cooking 20 28-10-2006 05:09 AM