Posted to rec.food.baking
KEN KEN is offline

Default Peeling fresh peaches

How is the best way to peel peaches? Seems like you dunk them in hot water
for a few seconds but don't remember for sure. Can someone help?

Posted to rec.food.baking

l, not -l wrote:
> On 3-Aug-2007, "KEN" > wrote:
>

>>How is the best way to peel peaches? Seems like you dunk them in hot
>>water
>>for a few seconds but don't remember for sure. Can someone help?

> Dip it in boiling water for 30 to 45 seconds; then, using a slotted spoon,
> move it immedieately to a bowl of ice water. After cooling, pull off the
> skin. Repeat, if necessary, or simply use the knife to peel off any stubborn
> skin. Return the peeled peaches to the ice water until ready to use.

I found that prior to the boiling water if you use a sharp knife and put
a little slit in the skin, which will help with the skin pulling away
from the peach. When I do 40-50 lbs for a yearly peach cobbler bake it
really helps.
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:07:45 -0700, "KEN" > wrote:

>How is the best way to peel peaches? Seems like you dunk them in hot water
>for a few seconds but don't remember for sure. Can someone help?

If they are ripe, you can simple pull the skins off.
--
Susan N.