Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Wax paper question

Can wax paper be used as a substitute for parchment paper as a liner for
cake pans, sheet pans etc.? Thanks.
Frank

Posted to rec.food.baking

Nope - it will scorch.

Frank103 wrote:
> Can wax paper be used as a substitute for parchment paper as a liner for
> cake pans, sheet pans etc.? Thanks.
> Frank

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, deepeddygirl wrote:

> Nope - it will scorch.
>
> Frank103 wrote:
> > Can wax paper be used as a substitute for parchment paper as a liner for
> > cake pans, sheet pans etc.? Thanks.
> > Frank

Lining cake pans with wax paper works fine. The batter wil keep it below
the char temperature until the cake is way overcooked.

Definitely will not work for cookie sheets, pizza, or free-formed bread...

Dave
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:48:33 -0700, "Frank103" >
wrote:

>Can wax paper be used as a substitute for parchment paper as a

Frank...try it and keep us posted as to YOUR results.

Posted to rec.food.baking
KEN KEN is offline

Speaking of wax paper - anyone know where I can find some over 12 inches
wide? Say - 16 or 18?
"Dave Bell" > wrote in message
ea.net...
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, deepeddygirl wrote:
>
>> Nope - it will scorch.
>>
>> Frank103 wrote:
>> > Can wax paper be used as a substitute for parchment paper as a liner
>> > for
>> > cake pans, sheet pans etc.? Thanks.
>> > Frank

> Lining cake pans with wax paper works fine. The batter wil keep it below
> the char temperature until the cake is way overcooked.
>
> Definitely will not work for cookie sheets, pizza, or free-formed bread...
>
> Dave

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:12:11 -0700, "KEN" > wrote:

>Speaking of wax paper - anyone know where I can find some over 12 inches
>wide? Say - 16 or 18?

http://centralpack.com has 18, 24, and 36" wide wax paper rolls.

Amazon has 15" squares.

-- Larry