Annaid

Default Food Processor survey

I am looking at the Kitchenaid 11 cup food processor and the comparable
Cuisinart 11 cup processor. Both come with a small bowl which attaches
inside the large bowl.

Any preferences between the two products? Anyone like a different
manufacturer better? I am open to all opinions.

Thank you!
D~

Dee Randall

This year I bought my 2nd Cuisinart 11 cup food processor and a new Kitchen
Aid Mixer. I had bought both previously in the 70's. Since I've been
relatively happy with both over the years, I've stuck with exactly the same
thing.

I would advise buying an extra Cuisinart food processor plastic bowl. There
has been a Cusinart at Costco which includes two bowls. I say this because I
had to buy a bowl several years ago and it cost A LOT.

If you plan to use your Cuisinart for making bread: I like my new Cuisinart
because of the Dough/Low settings. I use both the Cuisinart food processor
and the Kitchen Aid Mixer (and a bread machine) to make bread. Ilike them
all.

Hope this helps.
Dee

"Annaid" > wrote in message
> I am looking at the Kitchenaid 11 cup food processor and the comparable
> Cuisinart 11 cup processor. Both come with a small bowl which attaches
> inside the large bowl.
>
> Any preferences between the two products? Anyone like a different
> manufacturer better? I am open to all opinions.
>
> Thank you!
> D~

Vox Humana

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> This year I bought my 2nd Cuisinart 11 cup food processor and a new

Kitchen
> Aid Mixer. I had bought both previously in the 70's. Since I've been
> relatively happy with both over the years, I've stuck with exactly the

same
> thing.
>
> I would advise buying an extra Cuisinart food processor plastic bowl.

There
> has been a Cusinart at Costco which includes two bowls. I say this because

> had to buy a bowl several years ago and it cost A LOT.
>
> If you plan to use your Cuisinart for making bread: I like my new

Cuisinart
> because of the Dough/Low settings. I use both the Cuisinart food

processor
> and the Kitchen Aid Mixer (and a bread machine) to make bread. Ilike them
> all.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Dee

I have been using a Braun FP for at least 20 years. It works great. The
replacement bowls are around $10. That's one reason I like the Braun.
Anytime that I have needed parts they have been very inexpensive.

Vox Humana

"COTTP" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> > > This year I bought my 2nd Cuisinart 11 cup food processor and a new

> > Kitchen
> > > Aid Mixer. I had bought both previously in the 70's. Since I've been
> > > relatively happy with both over the years, I've stuck with exactly the

> > same
> > > thing.
> > >
> > > I would advise buying an extra Cuisinart food processor plastic bowl.

> > There
> > > has been a Cusinart at Costco which includes two bowls. I say this

because
> > > had to buy a bowl several years ago and it cost A LOT.
> > >
> > > If you plan to use your Cuisinart for making bread: I like my new

> > Cuisinart
> > > because of the Dough/Low settings. I use both the Cuisinart food

> > processor
> > > and the Kitchen Aid Mixer (and a bread machine) to make bread. Ilike

them
> > > all.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > > Dee
> > >

> > I have been using a Braun FP for at least 20 years. It works great.

The
> > replacement bowls are around $10. That's one reason I like the Braun.
> > Anytime that I have needed parts they have been very inexpensive.

> I've been using a Black & Decker ShortCut for oh, about 17 years. Still
> chops fine - but the shredder shaft cracked and I can't use that
> anymore.
>
> That being said, I do plan on buying something new. I want something
> with a larger bowl and a little more control of speed, etc. So I'll
> probably end up with a Cuisinart.

Cuisinart is a good machine, but if you are looking for speed control, the
Braun models have an infinitely variable speed control. I haven't seen that
in any other brands.
You can see them he
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Froogle+Search

Annaid

Looks like cuisinart is the winner. Thank you for your responses.

D~

"Annaid" > wrote in message
> I am looking at the Kitchenaid 11 cup food processor and the comparable
> Cuisinart 11 cup processor. Both come with a small bowl which attaches
> inside the large bowl.
>
> Any preferences between the two products? Anyone like a different
> manufacturer better? I am open to all opinions.
>
> Thank you!
> D~

Need Food Processor! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 16-09-2014 02:37 AM
Starmix food processor (Crossposted to rec.food.equipment) [email protected] General Cooking 0 18-01-2014 07:51 AM
food processor Phyllis Stone General Cooking 27 10-02-2010 06:08 PM
Food processor help kate Preserving 7 04-07-2006 02:21 PM
Food processor survey Annaid General Cooking 3 18-11-2003 08:26 PM