Posted to rec.food.baking

Default dinner rolls

Does anyone have a good dinner roll recipe? Looking for mainly "parker
house style" or "hawiian sweet style"

Thanks,
Rae

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:14:19 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
> wrote:

>Does anyone have a good dinner roll recipe? Looking for mainly "parker
>house style" or "hawiian sweet style"

These have never failed! They are so good....

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Overnight Yeast Rolls

breads

3 tablespoon yeast
1 cup water, warm 105f.
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water, boiling
2 large eggs
6 cup flour

Proof yeast in 2 cup measure and let stand 5 minutes.

Combine shortening, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Add boiling
water and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add eggs and yeast mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
Gradually add flour and mix completely. Cover workbowl and chill for
8 hours.

Shape into 1 inch balls and place 3 balls in each greased muffin cup.

Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or double.

Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

CINNAMON ROLLS:

Divide chilled dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12 x 10
rectangle. Brush each rectangle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Combine 2/3 cup brown sugar, « cup raisins, and 1 tablespoon
cinnamon, Sprinkle over rectangles. Staring with a long side, roll
up, jellyroll fashion and press edges to seal. Cut into 1 inch
slices and place in lightly greased 13 x 9 pan. Let rise until
double and bake as directed. Cool slightly.

Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon
vanilla. Drizzle over warm rolls.

ORANGE ROLLS:

Divide dough as above. Combine 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons
grated orange rind, 1/4 cup butter, melted and 3 tablespoons orange
juice. Proceed as above.

Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, and 3
tablespoons orange juice. Proceed as above.

Yield: 3 dozen

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
may not be consistent with what you know to be true.

As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!

Posted to rec.food.baking

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Kaiser or Brown & Serve Rolls Or Bread

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 12
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Easy

-= Ingredients =-
1 Egg
water
cups
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Sugar
4 cups A/P flour
4 tablespoons Gluten
2 bunch Quick yeast

-= Instructions =-
Beat egg in a 2 cup measure and add water to 1 1/2 cups. Mix well and
pour into ABM pan. To the pan, add salt, sugar, flour, gluten and yeast.
Put pan in machine on dough cycle. Can be set for delay. When cycle is
completed make sure it is very well risen! I let mine rise a good 4
inches above the pan almost to the ceiling of my abm. If mine isn't
risen as high as I want, I put the pan in a very warm oven until it
reaches the proper amount of rising. Punch down well! Ok, from here
you can make a very large loaf of bread or 12-13 rolls or par-bake either.
For bread I use a pan that is 13" long, 4" wide and 2 1/2" deep. For
rolls I weigh out my dough to 75-80 g per roll and shape as desired.
Let rise until more than double in size about 90 minutes. Bake at 350 F
until done, 15-20 minutes. Alternately, you can make the dough in a
mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Recipe by Helen Peagram
Brown & Serve Dinner Rolls Proceed according to directions (below) for
desired shapes. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until
almost doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. Bake at 275°F. 20 to 25
minutes, or until rolls just start to change color. Cool in pans or on
sheets 20 minutes. Remove from pans or sheets and finish cooling on wire
racks. Wraptightly in plastic bags and refrigerate up to 1 week. Just
before serving, place rolls on un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F. 10
to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. If desired, brush with melted
Margarine. Bowknots: Roll each piece to a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut
into 12 (1-inch) strips. Tie strips into knots, leaving a loose loop
in center. Place on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Curlicues: Roll each piece to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into
12(1-inch) strips. Hold one end of each strip firmly and wind dough
loosely to form coil; tuck end firmly underneath. Place on greased baking
sheets about 2 inches apart. Muffin Rolls: Divide each piece into 12
equal pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth round ball. Place in large
greased muffin cups (2½ x 1¼-inches). MM by Helen Peagram

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Helen
in

"Rachael Simpson" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good dinner roll recipe? Looking for mainly "parker
> house style" or "hawiian sweet style"
>
> Thanks,
> Rae

Posted to rec.food.baking

Hey Y'all,

Thanks for the recipes! Sounds good.............now to figure out which one
to start with.............

Appreciate it!
Rachael aka Rae

"Rachael Simpson" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good dinner roll recipe? Looking for mainly "parker
> house style" or "hawiian sweet style"
>
> Thanks,
> Rae

REC: Dinner Rolls jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 10 02-12-2009 12:44 AM
Nana\\\'s Dinner Rolls Nana[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 07-07-2009 05:59 PM
Dinner rolls J@mes Baking 27 27-11-2005 05:19 AM
Dinner Rolls Tim Recipes 0 07-06-2005 01:22 AM
Dinner Rolls 2 Tim Recipes 0 07-06-2005 01:22 AM