Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default Help with Thick Icing

A friend of mine does a lot of cake decorating using tubes of icing,
decorating bags I think they're called. She is having problems with her
hand strength, however- the icing is in some cases too thick to comfortably
squeeze out the tip on the bag. Unfortunately, apparently the thickness of
the icing cannot be adjusted (my first thought) as it's a production
environment and she cannot just add water to the icing. Is there any
mechanical device that is used to help apply pressure to this kind of bag,
to assist in getting the icing out?

Greg

Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.food.baking

On Jun 3, 3:11 am, "Greg Oliva" wrote:
A friend of mine does a lot of cake decorating using tubes of icing,
decorating bags I think they're called. She is having problems with her
hand strength, however- the icing is in some cases too thick to comfortably
squeeze out the tip on the bag. Unfortunately, apparently the thickness of
the icing cannot be adjusted (my first thought) as it's a production
environment and she cannot just add water to the icing. Is there any
mechanical device that is used to help apply pressure to this kind of bag,
to assist in getting the icing out?

Gr

The simple way to soften the icing by mixing it in the vertical mixer
with a cake paddle and then placing it back in the piping bag.
In some cases with fat based icing that has hardened in the piping
bag, I nuke it for several seconds and presto its easy to bag out....

Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 AM posted to rec.food.baking
LMW LMW is offline

Don't fill the bag more than half full.
OR maybe have to mix a little longer.

. ..