Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Default ROGER'S GOLDEN SYRUP

I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

Thanks for any help

--
Helen
in

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.
>
> Thanks for any help

There is contact info here, perhaps if you phone:
http://www.rogerssugar.com/overview/management.html

Why can't it be Lyle's Golden Syrup?

Sheldon

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.

I live in Ontario and I have never seen it in stores here. The only sugar
syrup the stores around her carry is Lyles.
Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in news:f34anf$4ek$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.
>
> Thanks for any help

Safeway carries it...Aren't there safeways in BC?
BC, well Victoria, has hugely been influenced by the brits over the years
so Golden syrup has got to be there somwwhere.

BC Facts...the BC Government had it's own submarines before the Canadian
Government had any.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

--
"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
>>
>> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
>> where I live.
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>>
>> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
>> Ontario.

> I live in Ontario and I have never seen it in stores here. The only
> sugar
> syrup the stores around her carry is Lyles.

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

BC is not in Ontario

--
"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in news:f34anf$4ek$1
> @registered.motzarella.org:
>
>> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
>> where I live.
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>>
>> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
>> Ontario.
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>>

> Safeway carries it...Aren't there safeways in BC?
> BC, well Victoria, has hugely been influenced by the brits over the
> years
> so Golden syrup has got to be there somwwhere.
>
> BC Facts...the BC Government had it's own submarines before the Canadian
> Government had any.
>
> --
>
> The house of the burning beet-Alan
>
> It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
> Elbonian Folklore

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
> Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
> but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
syrup into a different container. duh

You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
leeze! Sheesh!

And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
a vile and totally useless human being you are.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

I love you too, sheldown.

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html
"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
>> Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic
>> bottle
>> but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
> your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
> syrup into a different container. duh
>
> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
> leeze! Sheesh!
>
> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
> a vile and totally useless human being you are.
>
> Sheldon
>
> Sheldon

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
> > Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
> > but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
> your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
> syrup into a different container. duh
>
> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
> leeze! Sheesh!
>
> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
> a vile and totally useless human being you are.

"Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"

<chuckle/>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

No!

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
link.net...

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
>> > Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic
>> > bottle
>> > but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

>> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
>> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
>> your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
>> syrup into a different container. duh
>>
>> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
>> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
>> leeze! Sheesh!
>>
>> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
>> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
>> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
>> a vile and totally useless human being you are.

> "Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"
>
> <chuckle/>
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
link.net...

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> "MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
>> > Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic
>> > bottle
>> > but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

>> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
>> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
>> your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
>> syrup into a different container. duh
>>
>> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
>> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
>> leeze! Sheesh!
>>
>> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
>> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
>> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
>> a vile and totally useless human being you are.

> "Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"
>
> <chuckle/>
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Sheldon can be a pain but he was right in one respect. I should have
thought of it myself. Just pour the Lyles into a bottle. Duh!

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

On May 28, 3:47�pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
>
> link.net...
>

> > Sheldon wrote:

> >> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
> >> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
> >> your's is the dumbest reason ever. *What's so difficult about pouring
> >> syrup into a different container. duh

> >> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
> >> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
> >> leeze! *Sheesh!

> >> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
> >> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
> >> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
> >> a vile and totally useless human being you are.

> > "Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"

> > <chuckle/>

> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> Sheldon can be a pain but he was right in one respect. *I should have
> thought of it myself. *Just pour the Lyles into a bottle. *Duh!

The being a pain part is reinforcement... so folks will take heed and
remember... no offence meant. Get a nice honey dispenser for your
golden syrup, free shipping at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/26nz98

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-780-1-C.../dp/B00004UE7F

Sheldon

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html
"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 28, 3:47?pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
>
> link.net...
>

> > Sheldon wrote:

> >> And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
> >> taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
> >> your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
> >> syrup into a different container. duh

> >> You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care
> >> packages
> >> because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
> >> leeze! Sheesh!

> >> And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
> >> but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
> >> leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and
> >> what
> >> a vile and totally useless human being you are.

> > "Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"

> > <chuckle/>

> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> Sheldon can be a pain but he was right in one respect. I should have
> thought of it myself. Just pour the Lyles into a bottle. Duh!

The being a pain part is reinforcement... so folks will take heed and
remember... no offence meant. Get a nice honey dispenser for your
golden syrup, free shipping at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/26nz98

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-780-1-C.../dp/B00004UE7F

Sheldon

That's what I'll do but probably more just a plastic bottle. I don't use
it much except for cooking.

MoM

Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

The problem has been solved. Today I was able to purchase Lyles Golden
syrup and it is now in glass!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Helen