Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Something to bake biscuits on

Hello all.

Can anyone recommend something to bake biscuits on? We've just got a
new oven and for some reason I don't understand this new one seems to
bake biscuits much better than any oven I've used before. But the
sticking point, literally, is that we don't have any decent baking
trays. Using an old microwave tray is acceptable when it is greased.
But I'd like to think that nowdays it would be possible to buy
something so non-stick that you can bake biscuits on it, and when
they're cold, just tip it up and they'll slide off.

Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On 7 May 2007 06:28:54 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend something to bake biscuits on? We've just got a
>new oven and for some reason I don't understand this new one seems to
>bake biscuits much better than any oven I've used before. But the
>sticking point, literally, is that we don't have any decent baking
>trays. Using an old microwave tray is acceptable when it is greased.
>But I'd like to think that nowdays it would be possible to buy
>something so non-stick that you can bake biscuits on it, and when
>they're cold, just tip it up and they'll slide off.
>
>Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

A Sil-Pat or other silicone sheet on your existing pan should do it.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.baking
LMW LMW is offline

Use a Baking Stone - Pampered Chef sells a great one.

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello all.
>
> Can anyone recommend something to bake biscuits on? We've just got a
> new oven and for some reason I don't understand this new one seems to
> bake biscuits much better than any oven I've used before. But the
> sticking point, literally, is that we don't have any decent baking
> trays. Using an old microwave tray is acceptable when it is greased.
> But I'd like to think that nowdays it would be possible to buy
> something so non-stick that you can bake biscuits on it, and when
> they're cold, just tip it up and they'll slide off.
>
> Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Oct 10, 4:18 pm, "LMW" > wrote:
> Use a Baking Stone - Pampered Chef sells a great one.
>
> > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>

> > Hello all.

> > Can anyone recommend something to bake biscuits on? We've just got a
> > new oven and for some reason I don't understand this new one seems to
> > bake biscuits much better than any oven I've used before. But the
> > sticking point, literally, is that we don't have any decent baking
> > trays. Using an old microwave tray is acceptable when it is greased.
> > But I'd like to think that nowdays it would be possible to buy
> > something so non-stick that you can bake biscuits on it, and when
> > they're cold, just tip it up and they'll slide off.

> > Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.- Hide quoted text -

I'm with you LMW... I use the same Pampered Chef Stone, I have two
and use them all the time. Both are nice and brown. I cook
everything I can on it.
chilichick

Biscuits [email protected] General Cooking 45 26-02-2010 06:51 PM
Ham Biscuits Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 26-11-2005 03:56 AM
biscuits william6969 Baking 13 04-09-2005 10:12 PM
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls (no bake, no flour, no eggs) Duckie ® Recipes 0 10-07-2005 03:08 AM
Tea Biscuits Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-03-2005 12:42 PM