Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Bakers Brownie recipe/wanted

I was at a bake sale and bought this brownie and I've never tasted anything
like it. The recipe came from a very old...OLD Bakers Chocolate Cookbook
and it used "shortening and cocoa powder".....it anybody has this
book....could I have the recipe. I've tried so many but this is the one I
want.
Pami

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mar 7, 5:56 am, "Pami" > wrote:
> I was at a bake sale and bought this brownie and I've never tasted anything
> like it. The recipe came from a very old...OLD Bakers Chocolate Cookbook
> and it used "shortening and cocoa powder".....it anybody has this
> book....could I have the recipe. I've tried so many but this is the one I
> want.
> Pami

Shortening and cocoa powder are a substitution for unsweetened
chocolate squares- Here's the recipe I use(Joy of Cooking)
5 oz unsweetened chocolate(sub 15TBLS cocoa and 5 TBLS shortening)
1 cube (4 oz) unsalted butter
Melt these together and add
2 cups sugar
Mix well- add
4 eggs & 2 tsp vanilla
Mix well- add
1 cup all purpose flour- Stir until blended.Put into a 9x13 greased or
parchment/foil lined pan. Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes.You can
add 1 cup nuts if you want- I usually add about 1 cup chocolate chips
to the batter. Enjoy!

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Pami" > wrote in message
>I was at a bake sale and bought this brownie and I've never tasted
>anything
> like it. The recipe came from a very old...OLD Bakers Chocolate
> Cookbook
> and it used "shortening and cocoa powder".....it anybody has this
> book....could I have the recipe. I've tried so many but this is the one
> want.
> Pami

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Cocoa ; heaping
1/2 cup Shortening
2 Eggs ; well beaten
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Nut meats
Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
Bake in shallow pan in slow oven about one-half hour. Cut in squares
while yet warm. Note: Cream sugar and shortening together, beat in
eggs, cocoa, flour. No quantity for vanilla given, assume 1 t. Stir in
nut meats last. Slow oven in 300 - 350 F. Assume 325 F. Source: Mrs.
Charles Easley, Ft. Defiance Grange, Defiance County, OHPer Serving
(excluding unknown items): 2236 Calories; 124g Fat (45.8% calories from
fat); 34g Protein; 295g Carbohydrate; 30g Dietary Fiber; 374mg
Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat;
23 1/2 Fat; 13 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Brownies ( Fudge #3 )

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 25
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup Shortening ; softened
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Walnuts ; chopped

-= Instructions =-
Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease an 8" square baking pan. Stir flour, baking
powder, salt and cocoa together. In large bowl, cream shortening, sugar
and egg until light and fluffy. Add milk. Gradually mix in flour mixture.
Stir in walnuts. Spread in greased pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until top
springs back when touched lightly with finger. Cut into squares while
warm. Cool in pan. Source: Marian Hoffman, Whitman's Chocolate
Cookbook. Typed by Linda Howard. From: Fred Ball Date: 13 Sep 98Per
Serving (excluding unknown items): 56 Calories; trace Fat (7.1% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8mg
Cholesterol; 35mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Brownies ( Texas )

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 48
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Brownies, Bars

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter ; 1 stick
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup Coffee [brewed] or water
1/4 cup Cocoa ; unsweetened [dark]
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking SODA
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Butter
2 tablespoons Cocoa [dark]
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
[unsifted]
1 teaspoon Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
If you don't have buttermilk on hand, substitute 2ts vinegar or lemon
juice mixed into c milk... or use powdered buttermilk mixed as the
directions specify. Preheat oven to 400 1) In a large mixing bowl,
combine the flour and the sugar... In a heavy sauce pan, combine the
butter, shortening, coffee (or water), and cocoa, and heat... stirring to
boiling... 2) Pour the cocoa mixture over the flour mixture in the bowl,
add the buttermilk (or the substitute), eggs, baking soda, and vanilla,
and mix well using a wooden spoon or high speed elec. mixer... 3) Pour
into a well battered 17" x 11" jelly roll pan and bake in a 400 oven for
20 min. or until the brownies test done in the center... 4) While the
bownies bake... prepare the frosting, by combining the cocoa, butter, and
milk in a sauce pan and heating, stirring to boiling... Then mix in the
sugar and the vanilla until the mixture is smooth... 5) Pour warm
frosting over the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven...
Cool... cut and serve... *** Microwave Directions *** 1M) In a large
mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the flour... and in a microwave safe
dish, combine the butter, coffee (or water), and the cocoa... and
microwave on high (100%) for 2 min. until just boiling... 2M) Pour the
boiling mixture over the flour mixture, stirring to blend... Add the
buttermilk (or subtitute), eggs, baking soda, and vanilla, mixing well...
3M) Pour the entire mixture into a microsafe 9" x 11" baking dish and
nuke at med-high (70%) for 18 minturning the dish every 4 to 5 min.,
until the brownies test done in the center... (They may still appear soft
on the surface) 4M) Prepare the frosting in a microsafe dish by combining
the butter, cocoa, and the milk... and nuking on high for 2 min...
stirring once, add the powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring to blend...
5M) Pour warm frosting over the hot brownies ... let cool... cut and
serve... From the Great American Recipes collection and Fred Goslin on
Cyberealm Bbs in Watertown NY. at (315) 786-1120 From: Fred Ball Date: 13
Sep 98

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Brownies ( Texas )

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 48
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
-FOR
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter ; 1 stick
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup Coffee ; [brewed] or water
1/4 cup Cocoa ; unsweetened [dark]
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking SODA
1 teaspoon Vanilla
-FOR
1/2 cup Butter
2 tablespoon Cocoa ; [dark]
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
[...]

13 Sep 98Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 92 Calories; 4g Fat (42.1%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
13mg Cholesterol; 52mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Brownies 4

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 16
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1/4 cup Cocoa
1/4 cup Butter or shortening
1/4 cup Applesauce
2 tablespoon Sweet*10 liquid
2 tablespoon Vanilla
2 Eggs ; beaten or substitute
1 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 cup Nuts ; chopped

-= Instructions =-
Sift cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda and mix well. Add vanilla,
sweetener, eggs. Stir until well-blended and add the dry ingredients. Mix
until well-blended, stir in chopped nuts, pour into a greased 8" square
pan. Level batter smoothly. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cut into
16 squares. Calories: 82 Exchanges: 1/2 bread, 1 fat Nutritive Values:
2 g prot; 7 g carb; 5 g fat Recipe By : Alice Broaddus <
>Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 36
Calories; trace Fat (6.5% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate;
1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Chipper Date Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Brownies, Bars

-= Ingredients =-
1 1/2 cups Pitte dates ; chopped
1 cup Boiling water
1 cup Shortening
1 cup Granulated sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 3/4 cups Sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 - 1 cup walnuts broken
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate pieces

-= Instructions =-
Combine chopped dates and boiling water; cool to room temperature.
Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla; stir in date
mixture. Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Turn into
greased 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1 - inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle nuts and
chocolate pieces evenly over top. Bake in a moderate oven (375ºF) for
25-30 minutes or until done. Cool. Cut in squares. Source: Better Homes
and Gardens - Cookies and Candies - 1966 From: "Gramma"
<grammasinvalid@nursinghdate: August 9, 2002 3:42 Pm MM by H Peagram

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Chocolate Amaretto Brownies 2

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: BARS

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup Shortening
2/3 cup Baking cocoa
2 cups Sugar
4 Eggs
2 tablespoons Amaretto/almond flavor
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Handful ; sliced almonds
opt
AMARETTO ; FROSTING
1/4 cup Butter
2 tablespoons Half-and-half
3 tablespoons Baking cocoa
1 ds Salt
2 1/2 cups Confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons Amaretto

-= Instructions =-
Melt shortening with cocoa (I use the microwave), cool. Beat eggs,
gradually adding sugar. Add shortening mixture, Amaretto, salt, and
flour. Beat until well mixed. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13x9x2"
baking pan. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes; cool. Frost with Amaretto
Frosting, sprinkle with sliced almonds (or arrange in flowery patterns to
be fancy). Cut into squares. Amaretto Frosting Melt butter and cocoa
together (the microwave works well for this), cool. Stir in
half-and-half. Add confectioner's sugar, salt, and amaretto, stirring
until smooth. reposted by Tiffany Hall-Graham From: Tiffany Hall-Graham
Date: 04-26-95 Exported from Home Cookin 4.7
(http://www.mountain-software.com)

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Cookie Sheet Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1/2 cup Shortening
3 cups Sugar
6 Unbeaten eggs
1 cup Cocoa
2 1/2 Cup Flour
3 teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Salt
25 Minutes.

-= Instructions =-
Cream shortening, add sugar, eggs and mix well. Add rest of ingredients
and mix. Spread on large cookie sheet with 3/4 inch sides. Bake 350 20 to
FILLING: Beat 1/2 cup shortening until fluffy. Add 2 tabl. instant
vanilla pudding, 3 Tab. milk, 2 cups sifted powdered sugar and beat well.
Spread on cooled brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. I sometimes add
nuts to the batter or sprinkle some on top if I have any in the house.
From: James Ring : Friday, July 02, 1999 2:15
Am MM by H PeagramPer Serving (excluding unknown items): 1319 Calories;
80g Fat (51.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 162g Carbohydrate; 7g
Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 805mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch);
1/2 Lean Meat; 16 Fat; 10 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Fudge Brownies 2

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 8
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Bars

-= Ingredients =-
1/2 cup Flour ; sifted
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Nuts ; chopped
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/3 cup Shortening ; melted
1 teaspoon Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together. Add nuts and mix
well. Add sugar gradually to eggs, beating constantly. Blend in
shortening. Add flour - nut mixture and beat thoroughly. Add vanilla.
Pour into a greased and floured 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 30 to
35 minutes. Cool and turn out of pan. Cut into squares. Makes 8 to 10
brownies 286 to 358 calories per servings These are a good chewy brownie.
From: NANCY COLEMAN Exported from Home Cookin 4.7
(http://www.mountain-software.com)

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Gooey Caramel-pecan Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 16
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans ; if desired
12 vanilla caramels
1 tablespoon milk

-= Instructions =-
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 9x9x2
inches.Mix sugar, shortening, vanilla and eggs in medium bowl. Stir in
flour,cocoa, baking powder and salt.Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle with
pecans.Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean.Heat caramels and milk in 1-quart saucepan over low heat,
stirringfrequently, until caramels are melted.Drizzle over warm brownies.
Cool completely.For 16 brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.Per Serving
(excluding unknown items): 158 Calories; 10g Fat (53.2% calories from
fat); 2g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol;
56mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2
Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Marvelous Mocha Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
Brownies:
1/2 cup Cocoa
1 cup Sugar ; granulated
1/2 cup Flour ; all purpose
1/4 cup Shortening ; softened
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Coffee ; instant
Icing:
1/4 cup Butter
2 tablespoon Coffee ; strong
1 tablespoon Milk
1 cup Sugar ; icing
2 ounces Chocolate ; semisweet 2 sq

-= Instructions =-
Preheat oven to 325F. In large bowl, stir cocoa, sugar and flour
together, Add shortening and beat till mixture is creamy and smooth. Beat
in eggs and instant coffee. Batter will be very stiff, turn into greased
8" square pan. Smooth top so batter is in even layer to cover pan
completely. Bake at 325F for 20 minutes or till top is shiny. Test with
toothpick, centre should be firm and fudgy. Do not over bake. Cool on
wire rack. Icing: Melt butter in pan over medium heat, add coffee. Boil
for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and blend in milk
and icing sugar. Beat till icing is smooth. Let icing cool till it is
thick enough to spread. Frost brownies. Meanwhile melt 2 squares
semisweet chocolate (in microwave or on top of double boiler).
Immediately pour melted chocolate into ziploc baggie and seal. Snip
corner from bag and squeeze out over frosted brownies in crisscross
pattern. With a blunt knife, swirl chocolate and icing together to create
marbled effect. Cut into bars when icing has set. I won a food
processor with this recipe. Anne MacLellanPer Serving (excluding
unknown items): 3315 Calories; 140g Fat (36.1% calories from fat); 37g
Protein; 520g Carbohydrate; 19g Dietary Fiber; 531mg Cholesterol; 736mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Non-Fat Milk; 26
1/2 Fat; 29 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Spice Brownies

Recipe By: Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
Serving Size: 20
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Spice
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon butter ; softened
1 tablespoon milk ; to 2

-= Instructions =-
Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and
vanilla.Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, spices and 1/2 teaspoon
salt.Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch
bakingpan.Bake at 350º F for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool.Frost with Spice
Frosting. Cut.Spice Frosting: Stir together sifted powdered sugar and
ground cinnamon.Cream 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine with
sugar.Add enough milk until of spreading consistency.Per Serving
(excluding unknown items): 166 Calories; 9g Fat (47.3% calories from fat);
2g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 36mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2
Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Texas Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 48
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1 Stick butter
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup Brewed strong coffee
1/4 cup Baking cocoa
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Frosting:
1 Stick butter
2 tablespoon Baking cocoa
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl. Melt butter with shorting and coffee
and cocoa and bring to as boil. Pour into flour mixture and stir well
with wooden spoon or electric mixer. Stir in and add eggs, baking soda
and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into a greased 17 1/2 x 11 jelly roll pan.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or tested done.Make frosting. In saucepan
combine mik and butter and cocoa. bring to a boil and stir in the
powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour warm frosting when
brownies come out of the oven. Let cool completely before cutting into
bars. Recipe from Great American Recipes. Note make enough for picnic or
pot luck. From: (Local) Cooking & RecipesPer Serving (excluding unknown
items): 109 Calories; 6g Fat (51.1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 13g
Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Texas Brownies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Bars

-= Ingredients =-
Brownies
2 cups All purpose flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter ; or margarine
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup Strong brewed coffee ; or
Water
1/4 cup Dark unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Frosting
1/2 cup Butter ; or margarine
2 tablespoons Dark cocoa
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/2 cups Unsifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar. In heavy
saucepan, combine butter, shortening, coffee or water and cocoa. Stir and
heat to boiling. Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar in the
bowl. Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well, using
a wooden spoon or high speed on electric mixter. Pour into a well
buttered 17 1/2X11 inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes or
until brownies test done in the center. While brownies bake, prepare the
frosting. In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and milk. Heat to
boiling, stirring. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until frosting
is smooth. Pour warm frosting over brownies as soon as you take them out
of the oven. Cool. Cut into 48 bars. Source: Great American Recipes -
Grandmas Cookies From: "Gramma" <grammasinvalid@nursinghdate: July 11,
2002 3:47 Am MM by H Peagram

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Texas Brownies - Microwave

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Bars

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter ; or margarine
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup Strong brewed coffee ; or
Water
1/4 cup Dark unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Frosting
1/2 cup Butter ; or margarine
2 tablespoons Dark cocoa
1/4 cup Milk
3 1/2 cups Unsifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla

-= Instructions =-
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. In a microwave safe
dish combine buttter, shortening, coffee or water and cocoa. Microwave on
HIGH power for 2 minutes or until just boiling. Pour boioing mixture
over flour mixtyure. Stir to blend. Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda
and vanilla. Mix well. Pour mixture into a microsafe 9X11-inch baking
dish. Microwave at MEDIUM HIGH power for 18 minutes, turning dish every
4-5 minutes until brownies test done. They may still appear soft on the
surface. Prepare frosting in a microsafe dish, combine the butter, cocoa
and milk. Microwave at HIGH power for 2 minutes, stirring once. Add
powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir to blend. Pour warm frosting over hot
brownies. Let cool. Cut into 48 bars. Source: Great American Recipes,

--
Helen
in

Posted to rec.food.baking