Posted to rec.food.baking
KEN KEN is offline

Default Wide waxed paper

Does anyone know if wider than 12 inch waxed paper is available? I like to
use it to roll my pie dough out on as I can see through it but standard
width is hardly wide enough. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.baking

"KEN" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if wider than 12 inch waxed paper is available? I like
> to use it to roll my pie dough out on as I can see through it but standard
> width is hardly wide enough. Thanks.

Yes, Mansfield paper makes a wider wax paper. Though I have never purchased
directly from them and can't vouch for their customer service...

http://www.mansfieldpaper.com/bakery-supplies.htm

Cindi

Posted to rec.food.baking

KEN wrote:
> Does anyone know if wider than 12 inch waxed paper is available? I like to
> use it to roll my pie dough out on as I can see through it but standard
> width is hardly wide enough. Thanks.

If you are in a city/town of any size, look in a restaurant supply
store. Otherwise, google for "wide waxed paper".

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.baking

would parchment paper work as well? You can buy that in sheets from your
local grocery store. I usually get mine from the instore bakery. wendy
>> Does anyone know if wider than 12 inch waxed paper is available? I like
>> use it to roll my pie dough out on as I can see through it but standard
>> width is hardly wide enough. Thanks.
>>

> If you are in a city/town of any size, look in a restaurant supply
> store. Otherwise, google for "wide waxed paper".
>

> gloria p
> then reply to the confirmation request.

> 3:16 PM

Posted to rec.food.baking
KEN KEN is offline

Guess I should have explained that after wiping the counter with a wet
cloth, I use two sheets, one under and one over to roll the dough out on.
Therefore I need to be able to see through it. Wide parchment paper, which
I have, just wont work except for the bottom. And I tried Googling for it.

"KEN" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if wider than 12 inch waxed paper is available? I like
> to use it to roll my pie dough out on as I can see through it but standard
> width is hardly wide enough. Thanks.

I poured the last of the 65% melted chocolate onto waxed paper... John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 2 18-12-2011 04:35 PM
Nori is Plankton Paper, People! Plankton Paper! Plankton Paper!It's not sea"weed" -- Nor a Sea vegetable Rick Nelson Sushi 0 03-06-2006 10:11 PM
Wide awake. notbob General Cooking 60 16-06-2005 02:42 AM
Is there anything in waxed paper that's carcinogenic? Robin General Cooking 8 18-09-2004 04:31 AM