Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Why is my chiffon cake so wet?

Hi,

I use the following recipe to bake a chiffon cake, but I find that the cake
is too wet and sticks together when I cut it:

These ingredients are mixed together
200g Self Raising Flour
8 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
6 tablespoons corn oil
4 tablespoons water
1 cup banana puree

These are whisked together
8 egg whites
100g caster sugar
half teaspoon cream of tartar

The egg white is mixed with the flour mixture and baked at 150 deg C for
about 1 hour.

Could anyone give me some advice what I should do?

Thank you

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Feb 21, 12:12 am, "CheongYP" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the following recipe to bake a chiffon cake, but I find that the cake
> is too wet and sticks together when I cut it:
>
> These ingredients are mixed together
> 200g Self Raising Flour
> 8 egg yolks
> 100g caster sugar
> 6 tablespoons corn oil
> 4 tablespoons water
> 1 cup banana puree
>
> These are whisked together
> 8 egg whites
> 100g caster sugar
> half teaspoon cream of tartar
>
> The egg white is mixed with the flour mixture and baked at 150 deg C for
> about 1 hour.
>
> Could anyone give me some advice what I should do?

Try to use cake flour instead of SRF. and add baking powder .

Ube Chiffon Cake International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 18-02-2007 12:31 AM
Ube Chiffon Cake International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 17-02-2007 12:26 AM
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake Steve Baking 0 20-11-2006 12:01 AM
Orange Chiffon Cake Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 30-04-2006 03:32 AM
Custard chiffon cake Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-07-2005 04:21 AM