Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Opinion Please: Best Springform Pans?

Hi:

I'm new to the forum with a question. Who makes the best springform
pans for cheesecakes and similar? I use one about once a month. I
bought a set at Bed Bath Beyond a few months ago. They were cheap,
like $12 for a set of three. I would have gladly paid more for ones
that were more durable. These were made in Taiwan and I was
skeptical, but figured for $12, I'd give it a shot. Well, within a
couple months of light use and no abuse, the teflon coating is peeling
off. Don't know about you, but I'm not to keen on eating teflon with
my cheesecake.

So, any opinions based on experience would be welcome. I'm thinking
of probably going with ones that aren't teflon coated. Not sure that
the teflon is all that important. I don't necessarily need the
ultimate pan, but am definitely willing to pay more for one that is
durable and will last for years. Also, any recommendation of where to
get them at a good deal.

TIA

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Jan 30, 12:27 pm, wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm new to the forum with a question. Who makes the best springform
> pans for cheesecakes and similar? I use one about once a month. I
> bought a set at Bed Bath Beyond a few months ago. They were cheap,
> like $12 for a set of three. I would have gladly paid more for ones
> that were more durable. These were made in Taiwan and I was
> skeptical, but figured for $12, I'd give it a shot. Well, within a
> couple months of light use and no abuse, the teflon coating is peeling
> off. Don't know about you, but I'm not to keen on eating teflon with
> my cheesecake.
>
> So, any opinions based on experience would be welcome. I'm thinking
> of probably going with ones that aren't teflon coated. Not sure that
> the teflon is all that important. I don't necessarily need the
> ultimate pan, but am definitely willing to pay more for one that is
> durable and will last for years. Also, any recommendation of where to
> get them at a good deal.
>
> TIA

You are right about the teflon- totally unnecessary

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message

> I don't believe that BB&B is an expert in quality
> kitchen supplies & equipment.
>
> Try....
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...src=sch&clg=35

While I agree with you about BB&B, I probably would recommend a local
restaurant supply store before recommending Williams-Sonoma. WS is a
great place for eye-candy, but their prices are uniformly ridiculous and
they seem to value form over function.
-j