Finocchio568

Default Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae
alzelt

Finocchio568 wrote:
> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

"Nothing too fancy"
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Vogel Sher

"manna"

barry

Epi Center
"Finocchio568" > wrote in message
> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

ConnieG999

>"Finocchio568" > wrote in message

The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
>> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
>> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

En Croute

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

Margaret Suran

ConnieG999 wrote:

> >"Finocchio568" > wrote in message

> The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> >> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> >> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

> En Croute
>
> Connie
> ************************************************** ***
> My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

Our Daily Bread
Mike Avery

On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:

> Our Daily Bread

I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.

He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
names.

Using your name as part of the business is a good touch. Most people
start out trusting a business where the owners name is out front.
"Bob's Bakery". Of course, when you decide to sell the bakery, you
may lose the ability to use your name on other bakeries, depending on
the sales negotiations.

Geographical and/or regional names are also popular. Our bakery is
the "Colorado High Attitude Bakery". We like to say we bake with an
altitude.

Good luck to the original poster,
Mike
--
Mike Avery
Owner, lead baker ICQ: 16241692

Margaret Suran

Mike Avery wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > Our Daily Bread

> I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
> that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
> would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
> us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
>
> He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.
>
> My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
> use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
> corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
> names.
>
> Using your name as part of the business is a good touch. Most people
> start out trusting a business where the owners name is out front.
> "Bob's Bakery". Of course, when you decide to sell the bakery, you
> may lose the ability to use your name on other bakeries, depending on
> the sales negotiations.
>
> Geographical and/or regional names are also popular. Our bakery is
> the "Colorado High Attitude Bakery". We like to say we bake with an
> altitude.
>
> Good luck to the original poster,
> Mike
> --

I was not thinking of the prayer. I was thinking of the 1934 Depression
Era film. There were no "name" actors in it, but it was a powerful
drama about the struggle to earn enough for your daily existence.

Also, there is a chain of Belgian bakery restaurants in New York City,
Le Pain Quotidien, The Daily Bread.

for ronnie the christian capon who is afraid of to

Finocchio568 wrote:

> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a
> year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions
> would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

baakeree

use of this word would of course require a royalty of monthly samplers

David Wright

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
> wrote:

>On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>> Our Daily Bread

>I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
>that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
>would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
>us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
>
>He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

I thought I remembered a bakery here in San Antonio by that name, but
it turns out to be "Broadway Daily Bread." (Makes sense; after all,
it's on Broadway St., not Our St.)

Still, I googled on "Our Daily Bread" and found bakeries by that name
in Blacksburg, Virginia; Algoma, Wisconsin; Winnie, Texas; Hico,
Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

David

P.S. I printed a sign that gave our kitchen the name, "Morning Brook
Bread Factory," since that's the street we're on and I like the way
the name rolls off the tongue.
JANIC412

> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a
> year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions
> would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

Bakers Bench
shipwreck

So make it, "Your Daily Bread"

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
> wrote:

>On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>> Our Daily Bread

>I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
>that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
>would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
>us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
>
>He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.
>
>My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
>use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
>corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
>names.
>
>Using your name as part of the business is a good touch. Most people
>start out trusting a business where the owners name is out front.
>"Bob's Bakery". Of course, when you decide to sell the bakery, you
>may lose the ability to use your name on other bakeries, depending on
>the sales negotiations.
>
>Geographical and/or regional names are also popular. Our bakery is
>the "Colorado High Attitude Bakery". We like to say we bake with an
>altitude.
>
>Good luck to the original poster,
>Mike

ConnieG999

"Mike Avery" > writes:

>My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
>use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
>corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
>names.

One of the things involved in incorporating is the issue of a "fictitous name."
An attorney will include a name search in the process before the corporation
can be formed.

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

Kirsikka Lahti

"The Bowl and the Spatula", or just "Spatula".

Kirsikka

"Finocchio568" > kirjoitti viestissä
> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

BMC

Use your first name.

Finocchio568 > wrote in message
> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

year.
> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

would be
> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ciao, Michae

Jean-Scott

"BMC" > wrote in news:aWurb.224465$0v4.16747932
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> Use your first name.
>

> Finocchio568 > wrote in message
>> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

> year.
>> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

> would be
>> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
>> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
>> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
>>
>> Thank you for your help!
>>
>> Ciao, Michae

I like this suggestion. Do any of these named restaraunts sound familiar:

McDonalds
Wendy's
Denny's
Coco's
Popeye's (well he was fictitious)
Jean-Scott's
Perkin's
Ruby's Diner
Mark Floerke

What's the predominant culture origin in the area of the Bakery?
Go to the library and check the last Census statistics.
Baeckerei
Boulangerie
Panadoria
etc.
etc.

"Jean-Scott" > wrote in message
> "BMC" > wrote in news:aWurb.224465$0v4.16747932
> @bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
> > Use your first name.
> >

> > Finocchio568 > wrote in message
> >> I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

> > year.
> >> Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

> > would be
> >> very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with

an
> >> European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
> >> pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your help!
> >>
> >> Ciao, Michae

> I like this suggestion. Do any of these named restaraunts sound familiar:
>
> McDonalds
> Wendy's
> Denny's
> Coco's
> Popeye's (well he was fictitious)
> Jean-Scott's
> Perkin's
> Ruby's Diner

Ben Andrews

I can vouch for the Our Daily Bread name working successfully in Blacksburg,
where I'm from. The bread there is quite tasty, and it is very popular
among the locals. When I had an apartment over the summer and was too lazy
to bake it myself, I took advantage of their services.

They are across the street from a large grocery store, and somehow they
managed to convince the grocery store to carry their bread as well!
Something to think about once you've established your bakery in the
community to reach a new audience, although I'm sure the terms of the deal
mean profit isn't nearly as good as when someone wanders straight into your
shop.

Best of luck!

Ben

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
> > wrote:
>
> >On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
> >
> >> Our Daily Bread

> >I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
> >that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
> >would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
> >us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
> >
> >He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

> I thought I remembered a bakery here in San Antonio by that name, but
> it turns out to be "Broadway Daily Bread." (Makes sense; after all,
> it's on Broadway St., not Our St.)
>
> Still, I googled on "Our Daily Bread" and found bakeries by that name
> in Blacksburg, Virginia; Algoma, Wisconsin; Winnie, Texas; Hico,
> Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
>
> David
>
> P.S. I printed a sign that gave our kitchen the name, "Morning Brook
> Bread Factory," since that's the street we're on and I like the way
> the name rolls off the tongue.

OhJeeez

"Eat Me"
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Sounds like "Our Daily Bread" is pretty much a cliche.

How about:

Crusts R Us

Begin the Baguette (like the Cole Porter song "Begin the Beguine")

Rollers and Loafers

A Slice of Life

The Toast of the Town

Baking Beauties (like "bathing beauties")

Love of My Loaf (like "love of my life")

The Loaf of Love (like the song "the look of love")

Rockin' Rolls

Wheat Wonders

I missed the original message. What city and/or street is this
supposed to be opening in? That may help me give you more
suggestions.

(This is fun, actually!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>
The Old Bear

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > writes:

>From: Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady >
>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>Subject: Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery
>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:28:22 +0200
>
>Sounds like "Our Daily Bread" is pretty much a cliche.
>
>How about:

Our local pizza bakers in the Haight-Ashbury district of San
Francisco was "All You Knead"

http://www.sfstation.com/restaurants/allyouknead/

Or, if your planning to do a lot of baking for shabbos, you
might consider "The Challie Gully"

Cheers,
The Old Bear

... and with a resounding splash, Noah sent forth from the ark a Dov ... ©