Old 09-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Kirsikka Lahti

Default Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

"The Bowl and the Spatula", or just "Spatula".

Kirsikka

"Finocchio568" kirjoitti viestissä
I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae

Old 09-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Jean-Scott

"BMC" wrote in news:aWurb.224465$0v4.16747932
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Use your first name.

Finocchio568 wrote in message
I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a

year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions

would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae

I like this suggestion. Do any of these named restaraunts sound familiar:

McDonalds
Wendy's
Denny's
Coco's
Popeye's (well he was fictitious)
Jean-Scott's
Perkin's
Ruby's Diner
Old 11-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Mark Floerke

What's the predominant culture origin in the area of the Bakery?
Go to the library and check the last Census statistics.
Baeckerei
Boulangerie
Panadoria
etc.
etc.

Old 11-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Ben Andrews

I can vouch for the Our Daily Bread name working successfully in Blacksburg,
where I'm from. The bread there is quite tasty, and it is very popular
among the locals. When I had an apartment over the summer and was too lazy
to bake it myself, I took advantage of their services.

They are across the street from a large grocery store, and somehow they
managed to convince the grocery store to carry their bread as well!
Something to think about once you've established your bakery in the
community to reach a new audience, although I'm sure the terms of the deal
mean profit isn't nearly as good as when someone wanders straight into your
shop.

Best of luck!

Ben

"David Wright" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
wrote:

On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:

Our Daily Bread

I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.

He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

I thought I remembered a bakery here in San Antonio by that name, but
it turns out to be "Broadway Daily Bread." (Makes sense; after all,
it's on Broadway St., not Our St.)

Still, I googled on "Our Daily Bread" and found bakeries by that name
in Blacksburg, Virginia; Algoma, Wisconsin; Winnie, Texas; Hico,
Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

David

P.S. I printed a sign that gave our kitchen the name, "Morning Brook
Bread Factory," since that's the street we're on and I like the way
the name rolls off the tongue.

Old 11-11-2003, 07:35 PM
OhJeeez

"Eat Me"
Old 12-11-2003, 09:28 AM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Sounds like "Our Daily Bread" is pretty much a cliche.

How about:

Crusts R Us

Begin the Baguette (like the Cole Porter song "Begin the Beguine")

Rollers and Loafers

A Slice of Life

The Toast of the Town

Baking Beauties (like "bathing beauties")

Love of My Loaf (like "love of my life")

The Loaf of Love (like the song "the look of love")

Rockin' Rolls

Wheat Wonders

I missed the original message. What city and/or street is this
supposed to be opening in? That may help me give you more
suggestions.

(This is fun, actually!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
davida @ jdc . org . il
Old 12-11-2003, 08:39 PM
The Old Bear

From: Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Subject: Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:28:22 +0200

Sounds like "Our Daily Bread" is pretty much a cliche.

How about:

Our local pizza bakers in the Haight-Ashbury district of San
Francisco was "All You Knead"

http://www.sfstation.com/restaurants/allyouknead/

Or, if your planning to do a lot of baking for shabbos, you
might consider "The Challie Gully"

Cheers,
The Old Bear

... and with a resounding splash, Noah sent forth from the ark a Dov ... ©