Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Recipe Search Request..

Season's Greetings Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone might know of the real name of a recipe I have been
on a wild goose chase for. My Mother-In-Law came back from an event a
couple of months ago and had a square that she quite enjoyed. She asked the
lady who made it what it was and the answer was "everyone knows it as
Mother-In-Law" something. She is not sure if it was slice or square but her
description sounds like it is almost a bark. What she remembers is that it
had sliced almonds in it, possibly toasted, and was thinner, about the
thickness of two graham wafers stacked together. She's also not sure but
thinks it had some chocolate or cocoa powder in it!!!

I have been searching but the word mother-in-law is used extensively
throughout the web - sometimes not in friendly contexts I might add....

I have found only been successful with one recipe that might be it, but I
thought I would ask the consensus knowledge if this is a widely known recipe
that I'm just missing.

Thanks for any information or pointers!!!

TTFN

AF

Posted to rec.food.baking

Try Apple Sauce Cake - <http://tinyurl.com/yge32w>
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Posted to rec.food.baking

Adrian Feregotto wrote:
> Season's Greetings Everyone.
>
> Just wondering if anyone might know of the real name of a recipe I have been
> on a wild goose chase for. My Mother-In-Law came back from an event a
> couple of months ago and had a square that she quite enjoyed. She asked the
> lady who made it what it was and the answer was "everyone knows it as
> Mother-In-Law" something.

Why can't she ask the lady who made it for the recipe? Some people are
happy to share.

gloria p

Google recipe search ImStillMags General Cooking 4 24-05-2011 02:31 AM
Recipe Search Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 6 16-02-2009 04:51 AM
Recipe search. Bill Wright General Cooking 13 05-02-2006 03:00 AM
In search of good recipe Rusty Recipes 0 05-07-2005 09:29 PM
Cookie recipe search Dave Bell Baking 4 01-07-2004 04:05 PM