FoodBanter.com

-   -   cake decorating info needed (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/11-re-cake-decorating-info.html)

Lori Horton 02-10-2003 03:39 AM

cake decorating info needed

Hey, if you haven't already gotten the info... the only thing you'll
really need is meringue powder for the royal icing. Besides the cake at
the end, of course!
Hope that helps.
Lori

nagugopi 02-10-2003 05:15 PM

cake decorating info needed

should I take a baked and iced cake on my first day of the course and every
day?

Vox Humana 02-10-2003 05:26 PM

cake decorating info needed

"nagugopi" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> should I take a baked and iced cake on my first day of the course and

every
> day?

You really need to contact the people who are giving the course. As I
understand it, Wilton has some basic guidelines for but there is no rigid
course outline.

SheridR 03-10-2003 01:50 AM

cake decorating info needed

Hi,

You don't have to bring a cake for the first night of class, but you do have to
bring your class decorating buttercream, stiff and medium consistencies.

Course 2 is a great class, because you only have to bring 1 cake, and that's on
the last night of class and that one just have to be crumb-coated.

HTH,
Rhoda (Wilton teacher since 1989)

Vox Humana 03-10-2003 02:49 PM

"SheridR" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You don't have to bring a cake for the first night of class, but you do

have to
> bring your class decorating buttercream, stiff and medium consistencies.
>
> Course 2 is a great class, because you only have to bring 1 cake, and

that's on
> the last night of class and that one just have to be crumb-coated.

When I took my first Wilton course I didn't have to bring anything except a
cake. The shop that gave the lessons supplied all the frosting and
disposable like parchment and food coloring. I really think the OP would
be better off contacting the place that is giving the course. They should
have information on what supplies and equipment are needed at each lesson.