Old 20-12-2006, 01:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Default Irish Soda Vs. Damper Bread (Was Damper, kneading and who's a real Peter)

"The Ranger" wrote in news:12oh3gbjau2hcc8
@corp.supernews.com:

PeterL wrote in message
"The Ranger" wrote in

:
A plate or bowl worked, too. I don't like cleaning up
the counter, though, of "dust" so the Ziploc is used
quite a bit in Clan Ranger for dredging.

LOL!! I've used thinner plastic bags....... *twice*.

I'd say that my learning curve, on _this_ particular topic was
significantly better.

Back then it was a case of 'that was all I had' and I had to get the damn
stuff dredged :-)

It looked like a white Christmas in my kitchen!!

I believe you on the "white" but not necessarily "Christmas." Be
happy you don't know any DEA agents.

When I was living in CA, I did :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Old 20-12-2006, 07:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Default Ziploc (was Irish Soda Vs. Damper Bread)

The Ranger wrote:
Bruce wrote in message
"The Ranger" wrote in
...Cube beef and toss into Ziploc with flour, salt and

pepper....
Ziploc? Beef stock or a type of pan?

/boggle

Oh great and mighty Google, I ask of you, nay, beseach you, for
enlightenment and understanding. "Ziploc" -- what is it?

The Great Oracle immediately brings forth:
http://www.ziploc.com/
(First -- and only -- hit.)

"Cube beef" means to cut a slab o' beef into cubes, small enough to
eat, large enough not to confuse with ground meat.

Language is a strange beast is it not?
Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 979,000 for ziploc
When I read that ziploc was a type of plastic bag I thought I'd
misunderstood the recipe and wondered why you needed a plastic bag when
you wished to coat some cubed beef in flour etc.
Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 593,000 for "ground meat"
I now know that ground meat is what I think of as minced meat (not to be
confused with mincemeat g)
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old 20-12-2006, 07:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Bruce wrote in
:

Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 593,000 for "ground meat"
I now know that ground meat is what I think of as minced meat (not to be
confused with mincemeat g)

Ahhhhhhhh, someone who speaks my language!!! ;-)

But we called it minced meat or mince, or mincemeat.

As opposed to *fruit* mince..... which I'm making at the moment.

Just checking to see that the Kahlua and tequila are still good......
HIC!!!