Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Convection Ovens

How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there was a
time adjustment too.

I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to be
sure they don't burn or end up underdone.

Thanks.

Scott

Posted to rec.food.baking

Scott O wrote:
> How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
> oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there was a
> time adjustment too.
>
> I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to be
> sure they don't burn or end up underdone.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Actually it's more like 50 degrees. As far as time goes, you're just
going to have to watch the first batch or two and see how long they
take.

Posted to rec.food.baking

For baking I use the minus 25 deg. rule of thumb with the GE stove in
convection bake mode, and it seems to work out pretty well, at about the
same timing or a little less than with regular bake mode.

For roasting, I don't change the temp from recipe settings, but watch
the progress of the roasting and check with a thermometer when things
look "done".

Bob
==========================
In article >,
says...
> How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
> oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there was a
> time adjustment too.
>
> I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to be
> sure they don't burn or end up underdone.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Posted to rec.food.baking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 02 Dec 2006 03:04:52p, Scott O meant to say...

> How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
> oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there
> was a time adjustment too.
>
> I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to
> be sure they don't burn or end up underdone.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

My experience with the Farberware professional convection oven was by
reducing the temperature by 25 degrees, the baking time remained relatively
the same. However, the baking times per batch were precisely the same and
the baking was more even.

--
Wayne Boatwright

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
(Marshall McLuhan)

Posted to rec.food.baking

my experience with convection ovens varies. I have a very large one in my
workplace and I adjust temperatures by 50 degrees lower. Whether it takes
less time depends from oven to oven. At home I turn my oven down by 25
degrees and set the timer slightly lower. It really depends on your oven
and the recipe. Time and experience. To be sure, always under time - you
can keep baking your cookies if they are not quite finished. wendy
> Oh pshaw, on Sat 02 Dec 2006 03:04:52p, Scott O meant to say...
>
> > How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
> > oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there
> > was a time adjustment too.
> >
> > I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to
> > be sure they don't burn or end up underdone.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Scott

> My experience with the Farberware professional convection oven was by
> reducing the temperature by 25 degrees, the baking time remained

relatively
> the same. However, the baking times per batch were precisely the same and
> the baking was more even.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

then reply to the confirmation request.

11/27/2006

Posted to rec.food.baking

On 3 Dec 2006 05:22:21 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Sat 02 Dec 2006 03:04:52p, Scott O meant to say...
>
>> How do I adjust the time/temp when I use my convection oven vs. regular
>> oven? I had heard to turn it down by 25 degrees, but I thought there
>> was a time adjustment too.
>>
>> I am getting ready to start baking my Christmas cookies, and I want to
>> be sure they don't burn or end up underdone.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Scott

>My experience with the Farberware professional convection oven was by
>reducing the temperature by 25 degrees, the baking time remained relatively
>the same. However, the baking times per batch were precisely the same and
>the baking was more even.

I have a full size convection oven in my KA range, as well as a large,
Panasonic micro/convection.

All the recipes say to reduce the temp, but I never do. In fact, in
the Panasonic, just as in the large, similar Sharp I had before it, I
increase the temp by 25 degrees.

I have never used a Farberware Convection enough so that I know how it
hold the temp, though I know my MIL adores hers.

Boron

Convection ovens Tom Del Rosso[_5_] General Cooking 30 29-07-2016 07:37 PM
Small Convection Ovens gregz General Cooking 3 25-07-2013 05:38 PM
Convection Ovens Frank103 Baking 6 16-10-2006 08:06 PM
Convection Ovens [email protected] Cooking Equipment 16 19-10-2005 08:38 PM
Convection Ovens / Fan Ovens??? Wayne Boatwright Cooking Equipment 8 03-02-2005 12:26 PM