Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Struan

James is from Northern California, and his favorite bread has always
been Brother Juniper's Struan. Found their cookbook at the used
bookstore this week, and I just made three loaves of pretty damn good
struan. My arm was sore, so I decided to use the KitchenAid, and
damned if that thing doesn't knead five pounds of dough like it's
nothing.

Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejo...llery/0001zdgc

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.baking

Now, if I only had some polenta, brown rice, wheat bran, and poppy seeds, I
might be able to try and make some.
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/struan

"Serene" > wrote in message
> James is from Northern California, and his favorite bread has always
> been Brother Juniper's Struan. Found their cookbook at the used
> bookstore this week, and I just made three loaves of pretty damn good
> struan. My arm was sore, so I decided to use the KitchenAid, and
> damned if that thing doesn't knead five pounds of dough like it's
> nothing.
>
> Pics at http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejo...llery/0001zdgc
>
> Serene
> --
> "I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten
> four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.
>
> http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 05:46:19 -0800, "Frank103" >
wrote:

>Now, if I only had some polenta, brown rice, wheat bran, and poppy seeds, I
>might be able to try and make some.
>http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/struan

:-) Yeah, having the ingredients is a big help. As it turns out, the entire three-batch
loaf ended up costing me a little over three dollars, but yes, buying
the stuff at first is a necessity.

Serene