Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Bread Basket Made From Dough

For Thanksgiving, I want to weave and bake a bread basket out of dough but I
don't think I have a formula for the dough. Would it include yeast? What
is a good formula for making the dough? Are there other concerns?

Thanks.

Rich Hollenbeck
Moreno Valley, CA

Posted to rec.food.baking

Richard Hollenbeck wrote:

> For Thanksgiving, I want to weave and bake a bread basket out of dough but I
> don't think I have a formula for the dough. Would it include yeast? What
> is a good formula for making the dough? Are there other concerns?

Google is your friend...

Baskets
<http://www.recipegoldmine.com/foodgiftvar/foodgift7.html>
<http://www.recipelink.com/mf/31/18083>
<http://www.recipeland.com/talk/post/?id=1103>
<http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Susieq/basket1.htm>

Cornucopia <http://tinyurl.com/y2gfdp>
<http://www.purpleglitter.com/recipes/index.php?cmd=6&recid=41577>
<http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/le_holiday/article/0,2041,DIY_14023_2274264,00.html>

One from Betty herself - decorative.
<http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=35971>

Step by step pictures... The measurements are all by weight.
<http://www.pastrychef.com/htmlpages/recipes/cornucopia.html>

All - and I do mean all - about bread.
<http://www.recipelink.com/rcpbread.html>

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:38:06 +0000, Richard Hollenbeck wrote:

> Are there other concerns?

Yes. Practice, practice, practice being able to roll out near perfectly
uniformed strands for your weave.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, ZerkonX wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:38:06 +0000, Richard Hollenbeck wrote:
>
> > Are there other concerns?

> Yes. Practice, practice, practice being able to roll out near perfectly
> uniformed strands for your weave.

How about rolling dough to a uniform thicknes, and cutting strips?
Posted to rec.food.baking

Dave Bell wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, ZerkonX wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:38:06 +0000, Richard Hollenbeck wrote:
>>
>>> Are there other concerns?

>> Yes. Practice, practice, practice being able to roll out near perfectly
>> uniformed strands for your weave.

> How about rolling dough to a uniform thicknes, and cutting strips?

Think about it. There's a cornucopia in the middle of the
table with X-mas goodies cascading out of it...

Is anyone going to say, "Hey. Those strands aren't even. I
can't stay here and eat or drink."

Don't worry about perfect anything. It's bread dough adn
it'll change in the course of handling, assembling, cooking
and finishing. This is one case where good enough is good
enough.

It ain't world peace, it's just lunch,...

Pastorio.