Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Cake Stand Reccomendation

I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via internet/mail
order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will not
be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
"Frank Drackman" > wrote:

> I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
> now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via internet/mail
> order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will not
> be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

My husband bought me this one:

http://tinyurl.com/h7ywu

It's very nice and heavy. It is often found in our house piled with
cookies or cupcakes.

marcella
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Marcella Peek" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Frank Drackman" > wrote:
>
>> I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
>> now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via
>> internet/mail
>> order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will
>> not
>> be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

> My husband bought me this one:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/h7ywu
>
> It's very nice and heavy. It is often found in our house piled with
> cookies or cupcakes.

Thanks, I should have said that I was looking for a turntable to decorate
cakes.

Posted to rec.food.baking

Frank Drackman wrote:
> "Marcella Peek" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Frank Drackman" > wrote:
> >
> >> I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
> >> now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via
> >> internet/mail
> >> order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will
> >> not
> >> be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

> > My husband bought me this one:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/h7ywu
> >
> > It's very nice and heavy. It is often found in our house piled with
> > cookies or cupcakes.
> >

> Thanks, I should have said that I was looking for a turntable to decorate
> cakes.

Believe it or not, I got one at a tupperware party years ago and it's
proven to be really good. It's a cake stand and cake carrier. I've had
mine for at least 15 years, but I really don't know if they still sell
them.

This is a little OT, but if someone has one of those irobots, would you
please tell me what you think of it? I screwed up my back and am
thinking of maybe getting one for the kitchen floor. TIA

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Olivia" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Frank Drackman wrote:
>> "Marcella Peek" > wrote in message

>> > My husband bought me this one:
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/h7ywu
>> >
>> > It's very nice and heavy. It is often found in our house piled with
>> > cookies or cupcakes.
>> >

>> Thanks, I should have said that I was looking for a turntable to decorate
>> cakes.

> Believe it or not, I got one at a tupperware party years ago and it's
> proven to be really good. It's a cake stand and cake carrier. I've had
> mine for at least 15 years, but I really don't know if they still sell
> them.

I never get invited to Tuperware parties.

> This is a little OT, but if someone has one of those irobots, would you
> please tell me what you think of it? I screwed up my back and am
> thinking of maybe getting one for the kitchen floor. TIA

Posted to rec.food.baking

Frank Drackman wrote:
> I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
> now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via internet/mail
> order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will not
> be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

I believe the brand name is Ateco- professional grade- the platform
slides out of the base for easy cleaning. Quite heavy and will last
forever. I just found it at Chef Depot on the web- 69.75 on sale. Kinda
pricey, but like I said, it will last forever

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Merryb" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Frank Drackman wrote:
>> I made the mistake of buying a cheap cake stand the first time around and
>> now I am looking to replace it. I will probably purchase via
>> internet/mail
>> order because the local shops only have the cheap stands. Since I will
>> not
>> be able to try it before I purchase I am looking for recommendations.

> I believe the brand name is Ateco- professional grade- the platform
> slides out of the base for easy cleaning. Quite heavy and will last
> forever. I just found it at Chef Depot on the web- 69.75 on sale. Kinda
> pricey, but like I said, it will last forever

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.