Wayne Jones

Default 2 Thai dishes

After a bit of experimentation and reading similar recipes found on the net,
I have managed to make these 2 dishes taste just like the local Thai
restaurants.

Wayne Jones
Ottawa

Red Curry Beef

1/2 Lb. Beef thinly sliced

2 cups Snow peas

1 cup baby corn

Sauce (make ahead)

1 T garlic chopped

1 green onion chopped

3 T fish sauce

2 T brown sugar

1/3 cup chicken stock

1/2 T Thai red curry paste

1 can coconut milk

2 T oil

1/4 cup Thai or holy basil

Fry garlic and onion and curry paste in oil. Set aside

Heat coconut milk to boiling

Gradually add curry, garlic and onion to coconut milk and mix well.

Add basil

Move to a shallow pan and cook until reduced to about ½ volume and thickens.

Stir fry the beef and set aside

Stir fry the snow peas to tender crisp,

Add beef, baby corn, and sauce and heat to serving temperature.

================================================== ==================================

Thai Chicken With Basil & Cashews

1 Lb. boneless chicken cut into small chunks

1 green jalepeno pepper cut into small strips

1 Medium onion chopped into small chunks

1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced

1/2 Cup coarsely chopped fresh Thai or holy basil (Pack the cup)

1/2 Cup cashews

1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar

1 Tbsp. fish sauce

1 Tbsp lime juice

1/4 cup chicken stock

Fry onion and peppers until tender crisp and set aside

Fry chicken and stir fry until fully cooked

Add soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and chicken stock.

Cook and scrape to dissolve crispy bits of chicken on bottom of pan.

Add onion, peppers, basil, and cashews.

Cook a minute or 2 until basil has imparted it's flavour to the sauce.

"Wayne Jones" > wrote:
> After a bit of experimentation and reading similar recipes found on the
> net, I have managed to make these 2 dishes taste just like the local Thai
> restaurants.
>
> Red Curry Beef
> [ . . . ]
> Thai Chicken With Basil & Cashews
> [ . . . ]

They both sound really good, Wayne. Thanks.

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/