DC.

LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

DC.

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message
om...

> > wrote in message
> > "mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:

> [...]
> >> You know all us southeast asians got those sandals (I know they call

'em
> >> thongs in America, but I think of thongs as overly revealing

underpants!)
> >> that we flip-flop about in!
> >>

> > I wear them, too (sandals, not thongs). My house wear is a Thai pakhama.
> > pic e-mailed.

> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good one of
> me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either of you want

> copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.
>
> Peter

Peter Dy

"DC." > wrote in message
> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that, he's
just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call a
"slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken!
Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok cooking
chicken.

http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html

Peter

> DC.
>

> "Peter Dy" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> > "mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:

>> [...]

> 'em

> underpants!)
>> >>
>> > I wear them, too (sandals, not thongs). My house wear is a Thai
>> > pakhama.
>> > pic e-mailed.

>> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good one
>> of
>> me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either of you
>> want

>> copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.
>>
>> Peter

DC.

<snip>
> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that, he's
> just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call a
> "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken!
> Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao sauce
all over... or are you into that as well?

DC.

DC.

<snip>

"Peter Dy" > wrote:
> "DC." > wrote in message

> > LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that, he's
> just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call a
> "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken!
> Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>
> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok cooking
> chicken.
>
> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html

Peter,

After looking at the web site you referenced, not that I'm homophobic, BUT,
I now know I don't wanna see you at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken in it,
even, or especially, if ya do look kinda like that guy. Just hope yer
leopard doesn't change its spots! Move over DC. LMFAO Te amo, Pedrito!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/
To help support Our Troops & their Families, go to: http://uso.org/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops! You are not forgotten. Thanks.

"DC." > wrote:
> <snip>
> > What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> > he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call a
> > "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken!
> > Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

> Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao
> sauce all over... or are you into that as well?

DC! At times you can be such a perv!

"DC." > wrote:
> <snip>
> > What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> > he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call a
> > "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao chicken!
> > Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

> Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao
> sauce all over... or are you into that as well?

DC! At times you can be such a perv!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/
To help support Our Troops & their Families, go to: http://uso.org/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops! You are not forgotten. Thanks.
Darawen Littlestich

Oh MY GOODNESS!

Peter Dy wrote:
> "DC." > wrote in message
>> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>
> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok
> cooking chicken.
>
> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html
>
> Peter
>

>> DC.
>>

>> "Peter Dy" > wrote in message
>> om...

>>> [...]
>>>

>>> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good
>>> one of
>>> me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either of
>>> you want

>>> copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.
>>>
>>> Peter

Darawen Littlestich

Oh MY GOODNESS!

Peter Dy wrote:
> "DC." > wrote in message
>> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>
> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok
> cooking chicken.
>
> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html
>
> Peter
>

>> DC.
>>

>> "Peter Dy" > wrote in message
>> om...

>>> [...]
>>>

>>> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good
>>> one of
>>> me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either of
>>> you want

>>> copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.
>>>
>>> Peter

mroo philpott-smythe

"Peter Dy" > wrote in
om:
> > wrote in message
>> "mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:

> [...]

>>> You know all us southeast asians got those sandals (I know they call
>>> 'em thongs in America, but I think of thongs as overly revealing
>>> underpants!) that we flip-flop about in!

>> I wear them, too (sandals, not thongs). My house wear is a Thai
>> pakhama. pic e-mailed.

> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good
> one of me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either
> of you want a copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.

Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!

sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"
mroo philpott-smythe

"Peter Dy" > wrote in
om:
> > wrote in message
>> "mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:

> [...]

>>> You know all us southeast asians got those sandals (I know they call
>>> 'em thongs in America, but I think of thongs as overly revealing
>>> underpants!) that we flip-flop about in!

>> I wear them, too (sandals, not thongs). My house wear is a Thai
>> pakhama. pic e-mailed.

> We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good
> one of me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either
> of you want a copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.

Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!

sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"
mroo philpott-smythe

"Peter Dy" > wrote in
om:

> "DC." > wrote in message
>> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>
> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok
> cooking chicken.
>
> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html

*How much* like him, Peter? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

In other news, I cracked a molar and have been living on gai juk till
they can put a permanent crown on it. Ugh!

So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black? My shipload
of black, white, and green peppercorns just arrived from Penzey's and i
don't want to be lashed with a wet rice noodle for using the wrong thing

sq, "Lunch with the colleagues at Le Cheval, a nice Vietnamese restaurant
in Oakland Chinatown, tomorrow"
mroo philpott-smythe

"DC." > wrote in
:

> <snip>

>> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
>> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
>> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
>> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

> Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao
> sauce all over... or are you into that as well?

You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy food!

sq

mroo philpott-smythe

"DC." > wrote in
:

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> "Peter Dy" > wrote in
> []
> > We're exchanging personal photos now?! Cool! I have a pretty good
> > one of me in a thong. It's not too revealing. Let me know if either
> > of you want a copy! It has a leopard-skin pattern.

> Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!
>
> sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"

LMAO

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> []
> Where's your sense of adventure, Nick? Or have you *already* seen pix of
> Peter in leopard-skin briefs, I mean, thongs?

Talk about leading questions ! ! !

> sq, "I see you got your leopard-skin pill box hat ..."

Crikeys! Daniel thought it was a WW I German army helmet, you think it's a
'leopard-skin pill box hat'. E-mailing you a pic of what it really was to
put this to bed for once and for all.

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> []
> So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black? My shipload
> of black, white, and green peppercorns just arrived from Penzey's and i
> don't want to be lashed with a wet rice noodle for using the wrong thing

I love white pepper in Kao Tom, Mu Gratiem Prikthai and on salads.
If not a wet rice noodle, how about gently with a velvet whip?

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> "DC." > wrote in
> :
>
> > <snip>

> >> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> >> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
> >> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
> >> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

> > Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao
> > sauce all over... or are you into that as well?

> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)
>
> How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy
> food!

About 375° F.

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> "DC." > wrote in
> :
>
> > <snip>

> >> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
> >> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
> >> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
> >> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!

> > Howling... with laughter & hoping the wok didn't spit red hot kung-pao
> > sauce all over... or are you into that as well?

> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)
>
> How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy
> food!

About 375° F.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/
To help support Our Troops & their Families, go to: http://uso.org/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops! You are not forgotten. Thanks.
Peter Dy

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote in message
> "Peter Dy" > wrote in
> om:
>

>> "DC." > wrote in message
>>> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

>> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
>> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
>> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
>> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>>
>> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok
>> cooking chicken.
>>
>> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html

> *How much* like him, Peter? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

Hehe. It's true! He lacks a beer belly though. And he's not hairy all
over. And he has defined musculature. But other than that, I give off a
very similar presence, especially since it's kung-pao chicken!! Not chicken
McNuggets or chicken tenders or crap like that. I have a wok spatula in one
hand, and I'm looking at the camera with a hard look, like, "You wanna flip
this? Huh?"

[OK, sorry. I don't even know what that last sentence means! Back to
family programming!]

> In other news, I cracked a molar and have been living on gai juk till
> they can put a permanent crown on it. Ugh!

Gai juk? Chicken rice congee? Guys, there's been a bit too much foreign
names on the NG lately, I can't keep up! Yes, I know, I do it too
sometimes, but I think I usually give an English translation.

> So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black?

If it's Thai-style rice congee, I'd go with white pepper. It seems more
Thai and it's less common to sample freshly ground white pepper--and for
those of you who haven't tried it yet, I'd really recommend getting a
grinder and some white peppercorns. Fantastic stuff.

Peter

Peter Dy

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote in message
> "Peter Dy" > wrote in
> om:
>

>> "DC." > wrote in message
>>> LMAO.... Hwahahahaaaaaa... fell of the chair!

>> What is so funny?! They make thongs for men too! Nick knows that,
>> he's just too afraid to admit wanting to see it. It's what they call
>> a "slingshot thong," and it's of me at the wok cooking kung-pao
>> chicken! Leopard-skin pattern! Nothing else!
>>
>> I look kinda like this guy, except, like I said, I'm at the wok
>> cooking chicken.
>>
>> http://www.abcunderwear.com/cheetah-sling.html

> *How much* like him, Peter? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

Hehe. It's true! He lacks a beer belly though. And he's not hairy all
over. And he has defined musculature. But other than that, I give off a
very similar presence, especially since it's kung-pao chicken!! Not chicken
McNuggets or chicken tenders or crap like that. I have a wok spatula in one
hand, and I'm looking at the camera with a hard look, like, "You wanna flip
this? Huh?"

[OK, sorry. I don't even know what that last sentence means! Back to
family programming!]

> In other news, I cracked a molar and have been living on gai juk till
> they can put a permanent crown on it. Ugh!

Gai juk? Chicken rice congee? Guys, there's been a bit too much foreign
names on the NG lately, I can't keep up! Yes, I know, I do it too
sometimes, but I think I usually give an English translation.

> So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black?

If it's Thai-style rice congee, I'd go with white pepper. It seems more
Thai and it's less common to sample freshly ground white pepper--and for
those of you who haven't tried it yet, I'd really recommend getting a
grinder and some white peppercorns. Fantastic stuff.

Peter

DC.

<snip>
> I have a wok spatula in one
> hand, and I'm looking at the camera with a hard look, like, "You wanna

flip
> this? Huh?"
>
> [OK, sorry. I don't even know what that last sentence means! Back to
> family programming!]

Don't go there Peter... best leave it alone or you'll be teased & taunted by
what you've said by the likes of Nick & myself forever! heeheee.... not that
we know what "...with a hard look, like, "You wanna flip this? Huh?" means.

> > So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black?

White pepper is used in most if not all Chinese dishes, it's basically the
same black pepper but left to ripen red on the bush then the outer 'husk' or
shell is removed (i'm not sure but i think by soaking in water? or something
i was told many moons ago) then it is sun dried... which might account for
it's pungency & heat. Interesting fact... black, white or red & green
peppercorns are essentially the same but each plucked at various stages of
growth. Black peppercorns are green peppers picked unripe(green), then sun
dried until shrivelled black with the outer husk/shell still on. Before
Chillis arrived from S. America via the Portuguese in Asia, black pepper was
used all over Asia. Hence some old Malaysian & Indonesian recipes call for
it instead of chillis. Green peppers are immature or unripen peppercorns
that are often brined or pickled. The Thais use this more than anyone else
in Asia.

DC.

DC.

<snip>
> I have a wok spatula in one
> hand, and I'm looking at the camera with a hard look, like, "You wanna

flip
> this? Huh?"
>
> [OK, sorry. I don't even know what that last sentence means! Back to
> family programming!]

Don't go there Peter... best leave it alone or you'll be teased & taunted by
what you've said by the likes of Nick & myself forever! heeheee.... not that
we know what "...with a hard look, like, "You wanna flip this? Huh?" means.

> > So does everyone use white pepper on their gai juk, or black?

White pepper is used in most if not all Chinese dishes, it's basically the
same black pepper but left to ripen red on the bush then the outer 'husk' or
shell is removed (i'm not sure but i think by soaking in water? or something
i was told many moons ago) then it is sun dried... which might account for
it's pungency & heat. Interesting fact... black, white or red & green
peppercorns are essentially the same but each plucked at various stages of
growth. Black peppercorns are green peppers picked unripe(green), then sun
dried until shrivelled black with the outer husk/shell still on. Before
Chillis arrived from S. America via the Portuguese in Asia, black pepper was
used all over Asia. Hence some old Malaysian & Indonesian recipes call for
it instead of chillis. Green peppers are immature or unripen peppercorns
that are often brined or pickled. The Thais use this more than anyone else
in Asia.

DC.

DC.

<snip>
> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks would
never have thought that possible.

> How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy food!

start by frying some chillis or Sichuan peppers in oil then following the
kung-pao chicken recipe.

DC.

DC.

<snip>
> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks would
never have thought that possible.

> How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy food!

start by frying some chillis or Sichuan peppers in oil then following the
kung-pao chicken recipe.

DC.

DC.

<snip>
> Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!
>
> sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"

I think over the eyes is more appropriate... if there's enough of it to
cover that is! : )

DC.

DC.

<snip>
> Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!
>
> sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"

I think over the eyes is more appropriate... if there's enough of it to
cover that is! : )

DC.

Peter Dy

"DC." > wrote in message
> <snip>
>> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

> Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks would
> never have thought that possible.

Uh, DC, I think she was talking about me... But I hope not! After all, sq's
been on this NG only a few months, and I'd hate to think I give off nerd
vibes that strongly! Say it ain't so, sq! That's sorta why I want to get
my thong picture out there into the public... To show off the tiger I really
am.

As for your peppercorn discussion: As I'm sure you'll agree, though the
various peppercorns are just stages in its development, they are certainly
very different beasts. I hope folks realize that white is way different
from black, even though it's the same species. After all, though licorice,
anise, and fennel are similar, we in the West easily keep them separate.
And though green is often pickled or brined, it's not the usual way in
Thailand, where it's used fresh, AFAIK. Still have yet to eat it like that
though...

Peter

Peter Dy

"DC." > wrote in message
> <snip>
>> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

> Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks would
> never have thought that possible.

Uh, DC, I think she was talking about me... But I hope not! After all, sq's
been on this NG only a few months, and I'd hate to think I give off nerd
vibes that strongly! Say it ain't so, sq! That's sorta why I want to get
my thong picture out there into the public... To show off the tiger I really
am.

As for your peppercorn discussion: As I'm sure you'll agree, though the
various peppercorns are just stages in its development, they are certainly
very different beasts. I hope folks realize that white is way different
from black, even though it's the same species. After all, though licorice,
anise, and fennel are similar, we in the West easily keep them separate.
And though green is often pickled or brined, it's not the usual way in
Thailand, where it's used fresh, AFAIK. Still have yet to eat it like that
though...

Peter

DC.

Hi Peter,

<snip>
> Uh, DC, I think she was talking about me... But I hope not! After all,

sq's
> been on this NG only a few months, and I'd hate to think I give off nerd
> vibes that strongly! Say it ain't so, sq! That's sorta why I want to get
> my thong picture out there into the public... To show off the tiger I

really
> am.

I'll gladly hand the title of 'Mild-Mannered Academic Type' over to you...
like i say, my folks wouldn't believe it possible of me ; )
How about posting your tong pic to a.b.f. that would certainly shut a few
people up there : ) btw... i do believe Nathan is running a best pic. &
caption competition over there, you might just make the submission date for
that! Go Tiger... GO!! Roaarraaarrrr....

A wicked thought just came to mind, you could do a small vid. clip of
yourself in said attire doing a impersonation of the old MGM lion roar! i'm
sure mr redford & the sundance film festival people would love the idea, i'd
nominate it for 'best short' of the year!

> As for your peppercorn discussion: As I'm sure you'll agree, though the
> various peppercorns are just stages in its development, they are certainly
> very different beasts.

You betcha... the unique smell & taste from white pepper is totally
different from black pepper, at first i thought they were different species
but i was put right by a botanist & avid cook!

> I hope folks realize that white is way different
> from black, even though it's the same species. After all, though

licorice,
> anise, and fennel are similar, we in the West easily keep them separate.

How about nutmeg & mace? from the same plant & same fruit even but one is
the seed(nutmeg) while the fleshy parts becomes mace! strange isn't it!

> And though green is often pickled or brined, it's not the usual way in
> Thailand, where it's used fresh, AFAIK. Still have yet to eat it like

that
> though...

They sell them fresh here too but i've not tried it myself... might try some
soon if i can find some.

DC.

Peter Dy

"DC." > wrote in message
> Hi Peter,
>
> <snip>
>> Uh, DC, I think she was talking about me... But I hope not! After all,

> sq's
>> been on this NG only a few months, and I'd hate to think I give off nerd
>> vibes that strongly! Say it ain't so, sq! That's sorta why I want to
>> get
>> my thong picture out there into the public... To show off the tiger I

> really
>> am.

> I'll gladly hand the title of 'Mild-Mannered Academic Type' over to you...
> like i say, my folks wouldn't believe it possible of me ; )

No problem. I'm a total nerd. But I do cook in sexy underwear.

> How about posting your tong pic to a.b.f. that would certainly shut a few
> people up there : ) btw... i do believe Nathan is running a best pic. &
> caption competition over there, you might just make the submission date
> for
> that! Go Tiger... GO!! Roaarraaarrrr....

Haha!!! LMAO!!

> A wicked thought just came to mind, you could do a small vid. clip of
> yourself in said attire doing a impersonation of the old MGM lion roar!
> i'm
> sure mr redford & the sundance film festival people would love the idea,
> i'd
> nominate it for 'best short' of the year!

Hahaha!!

OK...

I think officially now, we can end this bit once and for all. Thanks for
tuning in!

Peter

PS. Unless there's really someone out there who wants to see the pic.

mroo philpott-smythe

"DC." > wrote in :

> <snip>
>> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

> Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks
> would never have thought that possible.
>
>> How red-hot is a red-hot kung-pao sauce? I like really hot and spicy
>> food!

> start by frying some chillis or Sichuan peppers in oil then following
> the kung-pao chicken recipe.

DC, if you knew how much chilli I eat, you wouldn't shamelessly post that
without specifying amount, lor!

%^D

sq, "Running before DC takes aim"
mroo philpott-smythe

"Peter Dy" > wrote in
m:
> "DC." > wrote in message

>> <snip>

>>> You never know, with these mild-mannered academic types. %^)

>> Why thank you, finally someone thinks i'm academic type... my folks
>> would never have thought that possible.

> Uh, DC, I think she was talking about me... But I hope not! After
> all, sq's been on this NG only a few months, and I'd hate to think I
> give off nerd vibes that strongly! Say it ain't so, sq! That's sorta
> why I want to get my thong picture out there into the public... To
> show off the tiger I really am.

Sorry, DC, I was talking about Nick - after all, your chilli-eating
habits already mark you as NOT a mild-mannered type, man. Habaneros, my
god!

Peter, I'm sorry I called you a "mild-mannered" type. Clearly, after one
look at that picture, all my preconceptions about you flew out the
window! And a leopardskin print, too!

> As for your peppercorn discussion: As I'm sure you'll agree, though
> the various peppercorns are just stages in its development, they are
> certainly very different beasts. I hope folks realize that white is
> way different from black, even though it's the same species. After
> all, though licorice, anise, and fennel are similar, we in the West
> easily keep them separate. And though green is often pickled or
> brined, it's not the usual way in Thailand, where it's used fresh,
> AFAIK. Still have yet to eat it like that though...

I have a nice Chettinad chicken curry recipe that uses a ton of green
peppercorns plus black peppercorns plus fresh chilli plus crushed dried
red chilli plus ginger. If you don't sweat from eating it, you ain't
human.

However, the chicken porridge (gai juk) always uses white pepper, if I
remember right. Maybe DC-da-Man will give me the benefit of his wisdom -
maybe I should just keep reading and keep my itchy fingers off the
keyboard!

sq

mroo philpott-smythe

"DC." > wrote in :

> <snip>
>> Shameless!! Next you'll be asking everyone for *their* thong photos!
>>
>> sq, "I'll place mine strategically over my ears"

> I think over the eyes is more appropriate... if there's enough of it to
> cover that is! : )

Chei! Tak malu mya budak!

Why, just because I confessed to "Eyes so big, stomach so small," is it?

sq, "Admitted Glutton"

Mistake: Don't Do This jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 9 12-01-2015 08:33 AM
A mistake James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 26 24-11-2012 06:10 PM
A mistake Lyndon Watson General Cooking 24 23-02-2011 01:20 AM
Mistake JT Wine 0 16-04-2009 02:58 PM
pea mistake elaine General Cooking 29 21-11-2006 02:48 AM