ggg

Default Can I keep a food atrocity thread in this newsgroup?

It's not racist in intent. My interest in food atrocities began with a
special report on the Food Lion chain of supermarkets Down South where
expired chicken was doused with bbq sauce and sold at a higher price as
marinated meat.

If it's an unwelcome thread, then I will try not to ever again post
anything like the following:

These Ribs Just Didn’t Taste Right…

ListenListen

DECEMBER 30, 2004 22:36
by Jin-Young Hwang ( )

On December 30, Seoul District Public Prosecutor’s Office penal team 2
(Chief Sung Si-woong) confined and charged Lee (43) from W Company for
selling fake beef ribs (“Yidong galbi”) made by pasting imported meat
from the front legs of the cows to the imported rib-bones with adhesives
called food bind (for violation of Livestock Products Law).

According to prosecutors, Lee sold 19 million fake ribs worth
approximately 17.6 billion won to department stores, discount stores,
and about 350 restaurants nationwide since January 2002.

“Yidong galbi,” originated in Yidong, Gyeonggi Province, is a spiced
beef ribs, popular among the people for its cheap price and delicious
flavor.

The investigation by the prosecutors revealed that W Company is the
largest beef ribs selling domestic company, with annual sales of about
25 billion won, and the company developed the method to make fake ribs
using food bind in 1998.

Although the W Company delivered real ribs to department stores in Seoul
and large discount stores, the company delivered fake ribs to department
and discount stores in the countryside and small restaurants, where the
quality controls are inattentive.

The prosecutors also prosecuted Choi (37) from N Company and Park (41)
from B Company without physical restraint for the same charge.
Dark Skies

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:53:57 GMT, ggg > wrote:

>It's not racist in intent. My interest in food atrocities began with a
>special report on the Food Lion chain of supermarkets Down South where
>expired chicken was doused with bbq sauce and sold at a higher price as
>marinated meat.
>
>If it's an unwelcome thread, then I will try not to ever again post
>anything like the following:
>

> These Ribs Just Didn’t Taste Right…
>
> ListenListen

I would vote no as anything would be 3rd or 4th hand hearsay.