kalanamak

Naughyde wrote:

> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Rather than a typical brand, I'd look at the ingredients (they
vary...get the one you think you'd like), and get it at a store with a
brisk business...they get tired if they are very old.
blacksalt

Steve Dunbar

Naughyde wrote:

> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice,

Furikake.

--
-- Steve
Musashi

"Naughyde" > wrote in message =
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might =

have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are =

the best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Furikake.
Literally means to "shake-sprinkle on"

Musashi

"Naughyde" > wrote in message =
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might =

have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are =

the best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Furikake.
Literally means to "shake-sprinkle on"

Dan Logcher

Musashi wrote:

> "Naughyde" > wrote in message ...
>
>>What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might have
>>seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the best
>>brands that you can get in the US?
>>thanks - Erica
>>

> Furikake.
> Literally means to "shake-sprinkle on"

I like the ones with bonito flakes, adds a smokey flavor.

--
Dan

Musashi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message =
> Musashi wrote:
>=20
> > "Naughyde" > wrote in message =

> >=20
> >>What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they =

might have
> >>seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are =

the best
> >>brands that you can get in the US?
> >>thanks - Erica
> >>

> >=20
> > Furikake.
> > Literally means to "shake-sprinkle on"

>=20
> I like the ones with bonito flakes, adds a smokey flavor.
>=20

My favorite is sake (salmon)
Musashi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message =
> Musashi wrote:
>=20
> > "Naughyde" > wrote in message =

> >=20
> >>What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they =

might have
> >>seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are =

the best
> >>brands that you can get in the US?
> >>thanks - Erica
> >>

> >=20
> > Furikake.
> > Literally means to "shake-sprinkle on"

>=20
> I like the ones with bonito flakes, adds a smokey flavor.
>=20

My favorite is sake (salmon)
Dan Logcher

Musashi wrote:

> "Dan Logcher" > wrote in message ...
>
> My favorite is sake (salmon)

I haven't seen that one.. I'll have to check for it.

--
Dan

Edvardo

I usually get mine at United Noodle here in the TC area. The kid usually
goes through 2-3 bottles between Sept-Dec. at school. He always raids the
pantry when he comes home on break if he runs out.

Edvardo

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
>
>> "Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
>>
>> My favorite is sake (salmon)

> I haven't seen that one.. I'll have to check for it.
>

> --
> Dan

Orchidguy

What I use is called seto fume furekaki , I'm not sure of the spelling , but
this one has egg in it , I find it very good , I've used it in many ways
also , such as on french fries to breading thin chicken strips or on noodles
, there are many types of this product , the best thing to do is try a few
of them , and see which you like the best .
Bright Days & Good Cooking!
Todd

"Naughyde" > wrote in message
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might

have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the

best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Orchidguy

"Naughyde" > wrote in message
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might

have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the

best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

rmg

"Naughyde" > wrote in message
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might
> have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the
> best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Furikake. Really good snack:

Slice cold tofu on plate
sprinkle with soy
sprinkle with furikake
eat

rmg

"Naughyde" > wrote in message
> What do you call the mixed stuff sprinkles you put on rice, they might
> have
> seaweed, sesame seeds, bonito, msg, other good stuff? And what are the
> best
> brands that you can get in the US?
> thanks - Erica

Furikake. Really good snack: