FoodBanter.com

-   Asian Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/)
-   -   Vietnamese Crawfish/Seafood Boil Recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/423162-vietnamese-crawfish-seafood-boil.html)

foodnelson 05-03-2013 06:30 PM

Vietnamese Crawfish/Seafood Boil Recipe

If you love Garlic and seafood you will love this secret recipe. This video deconstructs the delicious garlic butter sauce that you find in Asian Fusion Crawfish houses!

Watch this video for the recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbU81n3WgN0

Enjoy

bigwheel 05-03-2013 08:53 PM

I aint allowed to watch movies so could you just give us the recipe and technique in narrative form? Thanks. Sounds great. Now I would not dare eat any form of aquatic life coming from Viet Nam. That stuff is loaded up with Agent Orange and raised in highly nasty conditions. Get your Dads from LA and the Catfish from Ole Miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foodnelson (Post 1818945)

foodnelson 05-03-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwheel (Post 1818946)
I aint allowed to watch movies so could you just give us the recipe and technique in narrative form? Thanks. Sounds great. Now I would not dare eat any form of aquatic life coming from Viet Nam. That stuff is loaded up with Agent Orange and raised in highly nasty conditions. Get your Dads from LA and the Catfish from Ole Miss.

Bigwheel,
I am sorry to hear about the movie restrictions. I have attached the recipe below. I hope you get a chance to try this recipe. Have a great day.

Ingredients

Shellfish
1-2 pound crawfish or shellfish per person

Boil
1 package crab boil
1 lemon – quartered

Garlic Sauce

3 heads of garlic, chopped (fresh is best)
2 cups of margarine (4 sticks)
1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon of Paprika
1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper
1 tablespoon dry chicken bullion

Tony’s Magic Dust

1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon dry chicken bullion
1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)

Directions

1. Poor live crawfish or shellfish into sink and wash until water runs clear and all dirt and grime is washed away. Discard dead crawfish/shellfish
2. Cook shellfish in boiling water with crab boil package and 1 quartered lemon.
3. Make the sauce; melt the 2 cups of margarine in a saucepan.
4. Add 3 heads of chopped garlic to melted butter. Cook garlic until translucent.
5. Once the garlic is translucent, add ;
a. 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
b. 1 tbsp Paprika
c. 1 tbsp lemon pepper
d. 1 tbsp dry chicken bouillon
e. 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (add more for extra heat)
6. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes and check for flavor. Add more seasoning as desired.
7. Put shell fish in a large plastic cooking bag or bowel, pour sauce over shell fish and toss with the sauce.
8. Sprinkle Tony’s Magic Dust over the crawfish as desired before serving.

mittymout 21-11-2013 12:18 PM

I am happy to think this accumulation rale reusable for me, as it contains lot of content. I ever further to simulation the evaluation noesis and this event I recovered in you communicator.

http://www.nutribullet-recipes.net/r...y-apple-juice/

alaster12 20-12-2013 11:41 AM

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.

bigwheel 21-12-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaster12 (Post 1891471)
I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.

We dont eat any food from Viet Nam or China most especially fish type critters. They raise those things super nasty and feed them on Agent Orange. Get crawdads from Mississippi. Catfish too.