Posted to alt.food.asian

Default China gastro tour with Dunlop

sounds delicious but wow, for the price i'd rather not eat Chinese food
for a year and go to Antarctica instead (and i did!). i made my first
ever trip to China shortly after reading her 'Sichuan Cookery'book
(march 2006). 5 weeks long, half the price of the 'food tour', 2 of us
who didn't speak a word of Chinese. we made 3 consecutive trips and
still haven't even scratched the surface of this massive land.

read about it on her site he
http://www.fuchsiadunlop.com/gastron...%81/#more-2204

and about the gastro tour:
http://www.wildchina.com//china-imme...fuchsia-dunlop

modern China is easy for independent travellers. but you might come home
in a box.... i survived endless harrowing death-trap bus rides in rural
China.
Posted to alt.food.asian

On 11/4/2012 3:18 AM, FG wrote:
> sounds delicious but wow, for the price i'd rather not eat Chinese food
> for a year and go to Antarctica instead (and i did!). i made my first
> ever trip to China shortly after reading her 'Sichuan Cookery'book
> (march 2006). 5 weeks long, half the price of the 'food tour', 2 of us
> who didn't speak a word of Chinese. we made 3 consecutive trips and
> still haven't even scratched the surface of this massive land.
>

> read about it on her site he
> http://www.fuchsiadunlop.com/gastron...%81/#more-2204
>

> and about the gastro tour:
> http://www.wildchina.com//china-imme...fuchsia-dunlop
>

> modern China is easy for independent travellers. but you might come home
> in a box.... i survived endless harrowing death-trap bus rides in rural
> China.

I'd love to do the trip, but $6K is over the top, for me.
Member

I agree. Your work is good i read it. Thanx

Last edited by Caspar : 02-01-2015 at 07:14 AM