FoodBanter.com

-   Asian Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/)
-   -   A Truth About Indian Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/409652-truth-about-indian-cooking.html)

tan 27-07-2011 05:47 PM

A Truth About Indian Cooking

Everybody around the world, whether they are western or European they liked these Indian spicy foods. The delicious taste of spices will enrich the flavors of the cuisine. In Indian cooking there are so many verities in the break fast, lunch and dinner. If you want different cuisines in meals, the Indian cuisines are best and suitable for you.

This is the main reason for Indian cooking to be considered as the most exotic, tasteful and delicious recipes in the world. However, the style of cooking in Indian recipes is almost same. There are so many types of recipes in Indian cooking. If you are savvy about food, then Indian delicious food will be a right choice for you.

villium 19-08-2011 06:59 AM

This is a fact which can not ignore.Indian dishes are very delicious and spicy.High quality and best cook made that food.

Helene 19-08-2011 03:11 PM

ohh....

that mostly ONLY Indian think.

I hated indian food when I came first to india 4 years ago. Indian food abroad, isn't indian at all, first of all. I got sick and the spice combis were just unimaginable perverse to me. lol

I used to buy tiger biscuits over 5 months because the food was crap around, whereever I would go. Till I reached Goa, a former portugues colony, home to Christians. I am mentioning christians, because the way they cook is just totaly different then to the hindus. Same dishes but totaly different taste and sometimes even preperation. Lots of spices and Vinaiger too but also meat dishes. I just fell in love with the cooking style and flavoures, even dough I couldn't stand pungent food. Then I got to know Punjabi cuisine too, which is very flavourefull, exp. Tandoori, nan.

I enjoy spicy pungent food by now and can even swollow coriander! =D

Spicy food doesn't realy exist from where I come. I grew up with cheese, chocolate and herbs. =)

But as I can see a trend in Goa between foreigners is Tandoori Chicken and Fish Curry rice!

Indias Cuisine is getting more and more popular.

haleymcadams1 08-09-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyprusholidays (Post 1652860)
I have been there to India and loved their food. Though it was little spicy, I love them.

I do love some of their foods but don't like them that much as korean cuisine. It's spicy-ness isn't funny though it can make you cough.

ecka 20-09-2011 09:20 AM

Indian cuisine consists of the foods and dishes of India and is characterized by the extensive use of various Indian spices, herbs, vegetables and fruit

Indian food really taste so delicious, I love thier Indian Rojak and their Curry, and one of the reason why I like Indian food is that i like eating spicy food.

Satay is a great barbeque food and fun to eat.

Ethannv 20-09-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecka (Post 1662360)
Indian cuisine consists of the foods and dishes of India and is characterized by the extensive use of various Indian spices, herbs, vegetables and fruit

Indian food really taste so delicious, I love thier Indian Rojak and their Curry, and one of the reason why I like Indian food is that i like eating spicy food.

We visited India recently, was suppose to attend a seminar in Hyderabad. I visited there to very famous restaurant there named, Shahi Restaurant. Food was very good with perfect blend of Indian spices, people those who love spicy Indian food must go there. Good service and I can strongly recommend this restaurant.But one thing I missed there is the famous "biryani" of Hyderabad. I would like to know the recipe of it if possible.

CalgaryLiqorDlv 20-09-2011 01:09 PM

The truth about Indian cooking is that both spicy and bland dishes can be made equally palatable once you master the methods of cooking, which differ from region to region in India. Every regional dish has a distinct touch and taste. These even when brought together and kept side by side, are easily identifiable to an Indian or an expert on Indian culture / culinary practices.

nancy howard 26-09-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tan (Post 1643409)
Everybody around the world, whether they are western or European they liked these Indian spicy foods. The delicious taste of spices will enrich the flavors of the cuisine. In Indian cooking there are so many verities in the break fast, lunch and dinner. If you want different cuisines in meals, the Indian cuisines are best and suitable for you.

This is the main reason for Indian cooking to be considered as the most exotic, tasteful and delicious recipes in the world. However, the style of cooking in Indian recipes is almost same. There are so many types of recipes in Indian cooking. If you are savvy about food, then Indian delicious food will be a right choice for you.

can you please attach atleast one or two recipe in indian recipe

CalgaryLiqorDlv 27-09-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy howard (Post 1664645)
can you please attach atleast one or two recipe in indian recipe

Search for Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe on the net. He is one of the most famous Indian chefs. Each one of his recipes is distinctly Indian, and delicious.

haleymcadams1 28-09-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tan (Post 1643409)
Everybody around the world, whether they are western or European they liked these Indian spicy foods. The delicious taste of spices will enrich the flavors of the cuisine. In Indian cooking there are so many verities in the break fast, lunch and dinner. If you want different cuisines in meals, the Indian cuisines are best and suitable for you.

This is the main reason for Indian cooking to be considered as the most exotic, tasteful and delicious recipes in the world. However, the style of cooking in Indian recipes is almost same. There are so many types of recipes in Indian cooking. If you are savvy about food, then Indian delicious food will be a right choice for you.

Truly Indian Cuisines seems to have spicy touch in it. Amazingly it has the similar recipes as other middle eastern countries.

Shahid 01-10-2011 07:46 AM

Hello,
I agree with you all that Indian food are best and different verities of breakfast. Pratha is the famous and Delicious breakfast mostly preferred by the Indian.

Merin 03-10-2011 11:07 AM

actually the method of cooking also differs as per the dish is prepared, whether it be spicy or sweet.

I love the smells of Indian cuisine

Indian food hasn't been around in the US as long as Italian or Chinese food has, so it is still fairly new and somewhat unfamiliar to many of us
Not only the spices but the hot chilly they use is often too hot for one's taste.