tan tan is offline
Experienced Member

Smile why rice is more important in Asia ????????

The more traditional ceremonies like Tilak and Henna and eventually the wedding and the post wedding reception in all their splendour do bring forth a celebration of colour, and they are normally associated with a lot of traditional foods. There are those song and dance sessions before the actual wedding ceremony. Especially, for affluent families and couples, this can be spread over several weeks.

Attending an Asian wedding is usually a longish affair nowadays.
For more details please visit this
food and exercise
Member

The Rice is very important in Asia, because it is their traditional food, and they mostly like to eat rice because of their great and spicy taste. Rice are mostly grown in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. In Bangladesh the rice is mostly used with fish, meat, potato etc.
Posted to alt.food.asian

Default why rice is more important in Asia ????????

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:37:50 +0000, Tyson
> wrote:

> Rice are mostly grown in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I

The country with the largest production of rice is China (by far).
India is second, Indonesia third, and Bangladesh fourth. China
produces as much as the second and third, India and Indonesia, put
together.

Pakistan is way down the list, tieing for 11th place with the USA.
Pakistan produces 10 million metric tons a year, just over 1/20 of
what China does, 197 million metric tons.

--
Ken Blake
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 01:38:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 15:24:31 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:37:50 +0000, Tyson
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Rice are mostly grown in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I

>> The country with the largest production of rice is China (by far).
>> India is second, Indonesia third, and Bangladesh fourth. China
>> produces as much as the second and third, India and Indonesia, put
>> together.
>>
>> Pakistan is way down the list, tieing for 11th place with the USA.
>> Pakistan produces 10 million metric tons a year, just over 1/20 of
>> what China does, 197 million metric tons.

> I don't know why that OP is going around that Evil Foodbanter
> web<->news gateway site reposting articles from other web sites for no
> apparent reason. he/she/it has does this in a bunch of food groups.
> And probably non-food groups as well (but I wouldn't know ;-)
>
> ObAsianFood: Sorry to see this group dead lately. Now that I take
> pictures of most of my food I cook/eat I post all my Asian pictures in
> alt.binaries.food.
>
> -sw

you should post the pointers at rec.food.cooking as well. (i thought you
were.)

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:13:02 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:43:30 -0400, blake murphy wrote:

>>> I don't know why that OP is going around that Evil Foodbanter
>>> web<->news gateway site reposting articles from other web sites for no
>>> apparent reason. he/she/it has does this in a bunch of food groups.
>>> And probably non-food groups as well (but I wouldn't know ;-)
>>>
>>> ObAsianFood: Sorry to see this group dead lately. Now that I take
>>> pictures of most of my food I cook/eat I post all my Asian pictures in
>>> alt.binaries.food.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> you should post the pointers at rec.food.cooking as well. (i thought you
>> were.)

> Sometimes I'll post links to RFC (maybe 1/4th of them). And other
> times I post the pictures to "RFC on Facebook" or to regular facebook.
> But I _always_ post to alt.binaries.food. ABF gets all my food
> pictures, the other forums only get a few.
>
> -sw

i guess i'll just have to miss some of them, then. i do look at some of
the facebook links (if i don't have to sign in to facebook).

your pal,
blake

Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:26:10 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:12:15 -0400, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> i guess i'll just have to miss some of them, then. i do look at some of
>> the facebook links (if i don't have to sign in to facebook).

> You can get alt.binaries.food very easily and with little overhead on
> your block account. It's the tamest group in this history of Usenet
> Food. And with none of the Facbook bullshit.
>
> -sw

maybe i should try it out.

but frankly, some of the pictures i see already have me despairing of my
abilities as a cook.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:24:09 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:56:57 -0400, blake murphy wrote:

>>> You can get alt.binaries.food very easily and with little overhead on
>>> your block account. It's the tamest group in this history of Usenet
>>> Food. And with none of the Facbook bullshit.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> maybe i should try it out.
>>
>> but frankly, some of the pictures i see already have me despairing of my
>> abilities as a cook.

> That's OK. 90% of the people lurk. Nobody will even know you're
> there. And you might pick up a thing or two (or qat least a craving
> or three). I get more ideas from there than I do RFC. Plus it's more
> global cuisine.
>
> -sw

i'll keep it in mind.

your pal,
blake
Banned

The population in Asian countries is high so only rice can provide enough cereal food for them.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
The more traditional ceremonies like Tilak and Henna and eventually the wedding and the post wedding reception in all their splendour do bring forth a celebration of colour, and they are normally associated with a lot of traditional foods. There are those song and dance sessions before the actual wedding ceremony. Especially, for affluent families and couples, this can be spread over several weeks.

Attending an Asian wedding is usually a longish affair nowadays.
For more details please visit this
Sorry but I don't see the relevance of the "rice being important in Asia" with your content post. Anyway, rice is important for Asians because it is one of their staple foods aside from other crops. It can prevent hunger in the longest hours of not eating or consuming anything. They can also survive with only rice and few viands or none at all.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
The more traditional ceremonies like Tilak and Henna and eventually the wedding and the post wedding reception in all their splendour do bring forth a celebration of colour, and they are normally associated with a lot of traditional foods. There are those song and dance sessions before the actual wedding ceremony. Especially, for affluent families and couples, this can be spread over several weeks.

Attending an Asian wedding is usually a longish affair nowadays.
For more details please visit this
food and exercise
rice is the counter part of the western food burgers/pizza's/sadwiches

Member

Rice is most important in Asia especially in particular events.Rice is mostly used in Bangladesh.We can not ignore the importance of rice.