Member

Default Why Indian & Pakistani foods are so spicy?

Ever wondered why they are so spicy? why they love so spicy foods?
got answers?
__________________
Rent to Buy Hertz
Member

It gives extra taste to foods and it good for lots of health problems that is why are why they are adding spicy to their foods.
Member

They are spicy because the specific destination peoples are very addicted to spicy stuffs which are very tasty for them when spicy is added for their food.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluzees View Post
They are spicy because the specific destination peoples are very addicted to spicy stuffs which are very tasty for them when spicy is added for their food.
Spice is in their tradition people their like spicy food plus their is a lot spice in that area anyways.
Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyleo View Post
Ever wondered why they are so spicy? why they love so spicy foods?
got answers?
beacuase Indian and pakistanis having good taste of food the way they make food recipes is awesome I think they change the taste of food all over world specially in vegan foods.
feel free to visit holy food website http://holy-food.org/

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meigan View Post
beacuase Indian and pakistanis having good taste of food the way they make food recipes is awesome I think they change the taste of food all over world specially in vegan foods.
feel free to visit holy food website Holy Food | Religious Food | Spiritual Food
Its their tradition and generally if they add something is their food its for some reason and not for taste...I was there in Pak and India for 3 months and put on extra weight..
__________________
Hotels Cyprus
Member

Indian food gets its heat (spicyness) frm 3 major sources depending on the specific recipe:

1. red chili powder (the Indian stuff is HOT)
2. dried red chilies (the Indian variety)
3. fresh green chilies (small Thai birds)

These in large amounts will increase the spice level of any Indian dish. You can buy all of these at your local Indian grocery. The non Indian versions found at the regular supermarket just arent spicy enough! So if you like the spicy heat, buy the red chili powder/dried red chilies/fresh green chilies from the Indian grocery store.

Spices like turmeric, cumin, clove, coriander, garam masala add alot of flavor.

Bob Evans Coupons
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 07:58:09 +0000, Bianchi
> wrote:

> Indian food gets its heat (spicyness) frm 3 major sources depending on
> the specific recipe:
>
> 1. red chili powder (the Indian stuff is HOT)
> 2. dried red chilies (the Indian variety)
> 3. fresh green chilies (small Thai birds)
>
> These in large amounts will increase the spice level of any Indian dish.
> You can buy all of these at your local Indian grocery. The non Indian
> versions found at the regular supermarket just arent spicy enough!

That depends entirely on what they are. For example, at almost all of
our local supermarkets here, you can buy habaÓero chiles and scotch
bonnets, both of which are *extremely* spicy--spicier than any of the
three you mention above.

Moreover, even if you use only jalapeÓo chiles, you can make a disk
almost as spicy as you want it to be by increasing the amount you put
in the dish.

--
Ken Blake