Asian Cooking (alt.food.asian) A newsgroup for the discussion of recipes, ingredients, equipment and techniques used specifically in the preparation of Asian foods.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10
Default Why Indian & Pakistani foods are so spicy?

Ever wondered why they are so spicy? why they love so spicy foods?
got answers?
__________________
Rent to Buy Hertz

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Default

It gives extra taste to foods and it good for lots of health problems that is why are why they are adding spicy to their foods.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Default

They are spicy because the specific destination peoples are very addicted to spicy stuffs which are very tasty for them when spicy is added for their food.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluzees View Post
They are spicy because the specific destination peoples are very addicted to spicy stuffs which are very tasty for them when spicy is added for their food.
Spice is in their tradition people their like spicy food plus their is a lot spice in that area anyways.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyleo View Post
Ever wondered why they are so spicy? why they love so spicy foods?
got answers?
beacuase Indian and pakistanis having good taste of food the way they make food recipes is awesome I think they change the taste of food all over world specially in vegan foods.
feel free to visit holy food website http://holy-food.org/


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meigan View Post
beacuase Indian and pakistanis having good taste of food the way they make food recipes is awesome I think they change the taste of food all over world specially in vegan foods.
feel free to visit holy food website Holy Food | Religious Food | Spiritual Food
Its their tradition and generally if they add something is their food its for some reason and not for taste...I was there in Pak and India for 3 months and put on extra weight..
__________________
Hotels Cyprus
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Indian food gets its heat (spicyness) frm 3 major sources depending on the specific recipe:

1. red chili powder (the Indian stuff is HOT)
2. dried red chilies (the Indian variety)
3. fresh green chilies (small Thai birds)

These in large amounts will increase the spice level of any Indian dish. You can buy all of these at your local Indian grocery. The non Indian versions found at the regular supermarket just arent spicy enough! So if you like the spicy heat, buy the red chili powder/dried red chilies/fresh green chilies from the Indian grocery store.


Spices like turmeric, cumin, clove, coriander, garam masala add alot of flavor.

Bob Evans Coupons
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:59 PM posted to alt.food.asian
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Default Why Indian & Pakistani foods are so spicy?

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 07:58:09 +0000, Bianchi
wrote:


Indian food gets its heat (spicyness) frm 3 major sources depending on
the specific recipe:

1. red chili powder (the Indian stuff is HOT)
2. dried red chilies (the Indian variety)
3. fresh green chilies (small Thai birds)

These in large amounts will increase the spice level of any Indian dish.
You can buy all of these at your local Indian grocery. The non Indian
versions found at the regular supermarket just arent spicy enough!



That depends entirely on what they are. For example, at almost all of
our local supermarkets here, you can buy haba”ero chiles and scotch
bonnets, both of which are *extremely* spicy--spicier than any of the
three you mention above.

Moreover, even if you use only jalape”o chiles, you can make a disk
almost as spicy as you want it to be by increasing the amount you put
in the dish.

--
Ken Blake
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pakistani food is one the best in Asia, What is your favourite Pakistani Dish? jhondenny Restaurants 6 26-01-2021 07:48 PM
Pakistani-Indian yogurt curry [email protected] General Cooking 11 04-03-2009 05:34 PM
Pakistani-Indian yogurt curry [email protected] Asian Cooking 13 04-03-2009 05:34 PM
REQ: Spicy Indian Pudding Wayne Boatwright[_2_] General Cooking 2 11-10-2007 05:35 PM
Ever tried a Indian/Pakistani Reipes? betatech General Cooking 0 22-02-2005 10:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017