Member

Default Intrepid journey to Ho Village leads to fairytale experience

A group from the US expressed their excitement when they related their trip to Ho Village, 20km northwest of Sa Pa.

Northern trekking: Foreign travellers visit Ho Village
It was a fairytale region, said group leader Duong Quang Thieu.

The group of seven people had been transported to an inn in the village where they hired local guide Vang A Duong, a Tay ethnic man whose household was among the first to co-operate with tour agencies.

"Duong led us to tour Hoang Lien National Park, where fauna and flora are abundant, to see the Da Nhay (Jumping Stones) Waterfall, and we took advantage of the 18-25°C temperature to soak in a fresh clean stream," Thieu said. "It was one of my best memories."

After lunch at Duong's house, they were led to a Dao ethnic hamlet further up the mountain to have a bath with 18 traditional medicinal herbs.