FoodBanter.com

-   Asian Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/)
-   -   Tororo imo (made from nagaimo -- Japanese mountain potato) (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/406115-tororo-imo-made-nagaimo.html)

zydecogary 29-03-2011 07:10 PM

Tororo imo (made from nagaimo -- Japanese mountain potato)

Ever since I found a US supply of 'nagaimo' -- a Japanese mountain potato, I have been making the popular Japanese dish of 'tororo imo' (sticky potato) a couple of times a month for lunch. Yum ....

I make it the standard way with the grated nagaimo (sometimes called yamaimo), the obligatory raw egg, some seaweed shavings and some soy sauce.

Does anyone know of other additives for the tororo imo that I might enjoy.

Gary Hayman

England90 15-04-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecogary (Post 1597980)
Ever since I found a US supply of 'nagaimo' -- a Japanese mountain potato, I have been making the popular Japanese dish of 'tororo imo' (sticky potato) a couple of times a month for lunch. Yum ....

I make it the standard way with the grated nagaimo (sometimes called yamaimo), the obligatory raw egg, some seaweed shavings and some soy sauce.

Does anyone know of other additives for the tororo imo that I might enjoy.

Gary Hayman

Thanks for sharing this information!