Banned

Default An Indian Delicacy - Matar Ki Puri (Green Peas Puri)

Indian culture is very much reflected in its food. This diverse country has a lot to offer when it comes to food. Every region has its own specialty and this is what makes my country unique.

Today, I am going to be sharing a delicacy from my country India. Its called Matar Ki Puri (Green Peas Puri).

Ingredients for Puri:

# 1 cup maida/plain flour
# ˝ cup wheat flour
# Water
# Oil
# Salt to taste

Ingredients for the stuffing:

# 1 cup matar/peas
# ˝ tsp cumin seeds
# ˝ tsp red chilli powder
# Salt to taste

Method:
# Grind peas, cumin seeds, red chilli powder and salt together in mixer to a coarse form.
# In a pan heat little oil and sauté the mix for few minutes. Keep aside to cool.
# In a wide bowl, mix the ingredients for the puri, kneading them into smooth dough using sufficient water.
# Divide dough into twelve or sixteen equal sized balls. Flatten a ball slightly and place a portion of the stuffing. Cover, seal edges and flatten.
# Roll out lightly with a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai/deep pan and deep fry puris on medium heat.
# Serve hot with mint chutney or any subzi.

Preparation Time: 40 minutes

Serves: 4

Matar Ki Puri

So do try out this Indian delicacy at home and let me know how you like it. Thank You
Member

Bourne, its just a good idea.. Your thoughts are always creative, lol Yeah sure, you can but should be some hygienic pani puri.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominarain View Post
[...]

Thanks for sharing this information!

Easy Rice cripies...tasty stuff called 'Bhel Puri' shef General Cooking 2 24-09-2006 06:25 PM
BHEL PURI RECIPE chef Asian Cooking 0 22-09-2006 05:25 PM
Matar Paneer Curry (Green Peas and Paneer) [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 11:56 PM
Matar Paneer Curry (Green Peas and Paneer) [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 11:56 PM
history of words 'panifiable', 'pani puri' and 'panna cotta' Richard Wright Historic 0 15-12-2003 08:05 PM