Member

Location: Columbia, SC
Default Kimchi

I have a special love for Kimchi, and I figured out how to make a version of it at home. Super simple and delicious, check it out Kimchi | The Hungry Wife
Kimchi Salad

1 head Napa cabbage, chopped

4 green onions, thinly sliced

¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped

4 cloves garlic, chopped

¼ cup red chili flakes, plus more to taste

1 tablespoon sugar

¼ cup vegetable oil

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Place cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. In a blender, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, chili flakes, and sugar, blending until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and gently toss. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days before serving to let the cabbage wilt and the flavors meld.
Posted to alt.food.asian

sometime in the recent past thehungrywife posted this:
> I have a special love for Kimchi, and I figured out how to make a
> version of it at home. Super simple and delicious, check it out 'Kimchi
> | The Hungry Wife' (http://www.thehungrywife.com/2010/04/22/kimchi/)
> Kimchi Salad
>
> 1 head Napa cabbage, chopped
>
> 4 green onions, thinly sliced
>
> ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
> 1 tablespoon soy sauce
> 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
>
> 4 cloves garlic, chopped
>
> ¼ cup red chili flakes, plus more to taste
>
> 1 tablespoon sugar
>
> ¼ cup vegetable oil
>
> Salt and freshly ground pepper
>
> Place cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. In a blender, combine
> vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, chili flakes, and sugar, blending until
> smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Season with salt
> and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and gently
> toss. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days before serving to let the
> cabbage wilt and the flavors meld.

And for those that might to watch a good video on making kimchi & kaktoogi,
check out http://is.gd/c8N3O - link to YouTube video. I haven't tried it
with the raw oysters, but would definitely recommend a can or two of anchovies.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Banned

wow. Thank you very much for the info, I've been looking forward to making this for my husband

Easy kimchi and the new kimchi pot koko General Cooking 10 14-03-2016 05:47 PM
kimchi notbob General Cooking 15 28-01-2014 02:05 AM
Kimchi Silvar Beitel[_2_] General Cooking 4 27-02-2013 02:46 AM
Oi kimchi Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 49 23-08-2009 05:27 PM
Is kimchi ....? Michael Horowitz General Cooking 11 07-01-2004 03:07 AM