Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian

Default Why I don't Eat Chinese Food in Austin

This is typical of what my food looks like when I get home from any
Chinese takeout places in Austin.`

I have begged every establishment South of the River to just give me
the entree only, in the traditional square orgamized 24-oz tubs that
are customary in every other major city in America. And a fork.

It's not easy. It's impossible.

I managed to talk this particular Chinese merchant out of the extra
egg roll, choice of sterile soup, fried wontons, and the customary
bag of disgusting red, yellow and hydrolyzed brown hair sauces in
exchange for ordering 2 entrees that I could reasonably carry home
the 2 miles. I only accepted the rice because I figured that would
even out the tray and provide equal gravity.

But it totally ****es me off, no matter how much I beg, plead and
schmooze - I get these god-damned mofo Styrofoam(tm) trays in
un-pleated vertical bags that only hold food upright as soon as you
pick them up.

And then to top it off, they put the rice in the traditional and
preferred containers that I asked for, while packing the entrees in
the opposite sides of those GDMFSC's, throwing the whole bag
off-center as soon as you put pick it up.

Not to mention the boxes of rice on top wobbling around on top
making sure everything they're all equally trashed.

Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
(extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
the sauce)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg

Needless to say, one (two?) of those if not what I ordered. They
went straight into ziplocks as soon as I got home.

Other than Din Ho (which has some great take-out containers last I
was there), who packages to go?

-sw
Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
> (extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
> walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
> the sauce)
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg

Take some rubbermaid containers with you, or eat "in".
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
>> (extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
>> walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
>> the sauce)
>>
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg

> Take some rubbermaid containers with you, or eat "in".
> --

its cooked by Mexicans, not Chinese. Rice I got one time had a few black
rice in it, but looking closer they were cooked flies.
some Chinese are filthy people.

Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:34:53 -0500, JOHN wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
>>> (extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
>>> walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
>>> the sauce)
>>>
>>> http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg

>> Take some rubbermaid containers with you, or eat "in".

> its cooked by Mexicans, not Chinese. Rice I got one time had a few black
> rice in it, but looking closer they were cooked flies.
> some Chinese are filthy people.

C'mon John, EVERYBODY has had flied lice at Chinese restaurants.

The guy here is actually Chinese. The waitresses are Mexcian. The
Cashier is Vietnamese.

-sw
Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian

I am gathering its a good thing i can't see it, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> This is typical of what my food looks like when I get home from any
> Chinese takeout places in Austin.`
>
> I have begged every establishment South of the River to just give me
> the entree only, in the traditional square orgamized 24-oz tubs that
> are customary in every other major city in America. And a fork.
>
> It's not easy. It's impossible.
>
> I managed to talk this particular Chinese merchant out of the extra
> egg roll, choice of sterile soup, fried wontons, and the customary
> bag of disgusting red, yellow and hydrolyzed brown hair sauces in
> exchange for ordering 2 entrees that I could reasonably carry home
> the 2 miles. I only accepted the rice because I figured that would
> even out the tray and provide equal gravity.
>
> But it totally ****es me off, no matter how much I beg, plead and
> schmooze - I get these god-damned mofo Styrofoam(tm) trays in
> un-pleated vertical bags that only hold food upright as soon as you
> pick them up.
>
> And then to top it off, they put the rice in the traditional and
> preferred containers that I asked for, while packing the entrees in
> the opposite sides of those GDMFSC's, throwing the whole bag
> off-center as soon as you put pick it up.
>
> Not to mention the boxes of rice on top wobbling around on top
> making sure everything they're all equally trashed.
>
> Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
> (extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
> walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
> the sauce)
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg
>
> Needless to say, one (two?) of those if not what I ordered. They
> went straight into ziplocks as soon as I got home.
>
> Other than Din Ho (which has some great take-out containers last I
> was there), who packages to go?
>
> -sw

Posted to austin.food,alt.food.asian
Ian Ian is offline

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Cutting to the chase: This is my Sichuan Beef and Broccoli Beef
>> (extra Oyster Sauce) from Congress and Oltorf tonight, after having
>> walked 2 miles, and having to steal 3 extra bags from HEB (to hold
>> the sauce)
>>
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/2rm1pau.jpg

> Take some rubbermaid containers with you, or eat "in".

I'm with you - bring your own favorite containers, and check everything
before you leave the premises.

But - you will eat better if you make it yourself, if you have the time
(the big issue).

Ian
Banned

But i dont have a problem with Beef and Broccoli.. i really am in love with that dish