Posted to alt.food.asian

Default black vinegar

I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

TIA

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to alt.food.asian
Ian Ian is offline

sf wrote:
> I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?
>
> TIA

Kung Pao Chicken, for one, as detailed he

http://leitesculinaria.com/5441/reci...h-peanuts.html

The Land of Plenty ('Sichaun Cookery' in the UK) cookbook pictured there
has many other recipes that use it too. Its a fairly gentle vinegar, and
its nearest local comparison would be to balsamic vinegar, I think.

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

wrote:
> I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

Google on:

black vinegar recipes

families:
https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:19:07 -0700, sf wrote:

> I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

Dips - Sesame oil, soy sauce, black vinegar (rice wine, sriracha
optional)

The best recipe(s) to try this would be sweet and sour pork (the
real kind), or Kung Bao chicken. Use the recipes in Fuscia Dunlops
book. Recipes also available on-line, I'm sure.

I make 2-3 times the amount of sauce the recipes call for.

Experienced Member

[quote='sf[_9_];1460733']I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

TIA

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.[/QUOT

well,it is used in many food especially Chinese food.you can use it to make some code dishes.it can be very good .you can use it in meat blending ,meat frying.etc.
__________________
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:02:57 -0400, Ian > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Kung Pao Chicken, for one, as detailed he
>
> http://leitesculinaria.com/5441/reci...h-peanuts.html
>
> The Land of Plenty ('Sichaun Cookery' in the UK) cookbook pictured there
> has many other recipes that use it too. Its a fairly gentle vinegar, and
> its nearest local comparison would be to balsamic vinegar, I think.

Interesting information about the flavor. I need to open it as taste
now!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:51:51 -0500, Purr Loin >
wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:19:07 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

> Dips - Sesame oil, soy sauce, black vinegar (rice wine, sriracha
> optional)
>
> The best recipe(s) to try this would be sweet and sour pork (the
> real kind), or Kung Bao chicken. Use the recipes in Fuscia Dunlops
> book. Recipes also available on-line, I'm sure.
>
> I make 2-3 times the amount of sauce the recipes call for.

Thanks, I thought it was a stronger flavor, more like cider vinegar.
I don't know what you mean by "real" sweet and sour pork. Do you have
a recipe to post? TIA

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to alt.food.asian

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:51:51 -0500, Purr >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:19:07 -0700, sf wrote:
>>
>>> I have an unopened bottle. What kind of recipes is it used in?

>> Dips - Sesame oil, soy sauce, black vinegar (rice wine, sriracha
>> optional)
>>
>> The best recipe(s) to try this would be sweet and sour pork (the
>> real kind), or Kung Bao chicken. Use the recipes in Fuscia Dunlops
>> book. Recipes also available on-line, I'm sure.
>>
>> I make 2-3 times the amount of sauce the recipes call for.

> Thanks, I thought it was a stronger flavor, more like cider vinegar.

It *is* a stronger flavor. I never implied it wasn't. It's the strongest
tasting vinegar you'll probably ever taste (but not quite as acidic -
usually only 4%). It tastes like a strong, sweet, musky malt vinegar. I
have never used anythign except the Chinkaing vinegar, which is hopefully
what you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch...ce_vinegar.JPG

> I don't know what you mean by "real" sweet and sour pork.

The pork (or chicken) is not battered and there is no ketchup or food
coloring the recipe.

> Do you have a recipe to post? TIA

I know Fuscia's kung bao recipe is out there if you search, but not sure
about the S&S recipe.

-sw (AKA "Purr Loin")

Banned

It's more of a condiment to be added after cooking than something to put into a dish, IMO. The dumpling dipping sauce idea is great, as is pouring a spoonful in hot and sour soup or other gooey, dark Chinese soups.