Jon and Courtney

Default Korean stone rice pot

I'm trying to find a Korean stone rice pot, the real stone type that is used
to make the scorched rice broth after the rice is scooped out. I love
eating the scorched rice gruel in restaurants but I just can't find a stone
pot despite the fact that I have several Korean supermarkets near my house
and work. (The ceramic stove top stew pots seem to be widely available.)
Maybe everyone has switched to teflon? Any internet source for the stone
pots? I know the postage won't be fun but I'm getting frustrated.
Thanks.

Courtney Schatz

Peter Dy

"Jon and Courtney" > wrote in message
> I'm trying to find a Korean stone rice pot, the real stone type that is

used
> to make the scorched rice broth after the rice is scooped out. I love
> eating the scorched rice gruel in restaurants but I just can't find a

stone
> pot despite the fact that I have several Korean supermarkets near my house
> and work. (The ceramic stove top stew pots seem to be widely available.)
> Maybe everyone has switched to teflon? Any internet source for the stone
> pots? I know the postage won't be fun but I'm getting frustrated.
> Thanks.

Hmm. I've seen them in various places in the country, I'm pretty sure
(never looked for them specifically, but I do seem to recall seeing them.)
Where do you live?

Peter

kalanamak

Jon and Courtney wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Courtney Schatz

I know where in Pugetopolis. Where are you? Last person who tried to
call them couldn't get anyone with enough English. If you know Korean,
try Pal-do world on South Tacoma Way in Tacoma, WA.
blacksalt