garup@hug

Default Opinions needed on best chopstick material

Do you like bamboo, stainless steel, plastic, ivory or wood?

James Silverton

"garup@hug" > wrote in message
.. .
> Do you like bamboo, stainless steel, plastic, ivory or wood?

I own ivory and lacquered chopsticks and both are pleasant to use. I am
perfectly happy with the wooden disposable ones provided in many Japanese
restaurants but I have never liked using metal ones. The disposable chop
sticks are very likely to be most hygienic but even the large plastic ones
used in Pho restaurants seem clean enough and pick up noodles
satisfactorily.

I have never achieved the dexterity and strength of some experienced Chinese
cooks who can cut up pieces of food with chop sticks!

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

Lawrence

"garup@hug" wrote:

> Do you like bamboo, stainless steel, plastic, ivory or wood?

Wood or bamboo, of course....Ever tried to pick up anything with any of
the other materials?

I still prefer the spoon for almost any dish. The fork and chopsticks
seem the least usable of the utensils

Dan Logcher

Lawrence wrote:

> "garup@hug" wrote:
>

>>Do you like bamboo, stainless steel, plastic, ivory or wood?
>>

> Wood or bamboo, of course....Ever tried to pick up anything with any of
> the other materials?

I have a pair of jade chopsticks, but I don't use them. I was told
they are very brittle and would shatter if dropped.

> I still prefer the spoon for almost any dish. The fork and chopsticks
> seem the least usable of the utensils.

Spoons don't work so well for noodle soups unless accompanied by
a fork or chopsticks.

--
Dan