Allyn B. Brodsky

Default Smokey tea vinegar (Was white soy)

While googling for information on White Soy, I happened to come
across a description of smokey lapsang-suchong tea vinegar here

http://www.chefresource.com/tea-vinegar.html

I have enjoyed the taste of the smokey tea, but had never heard of a
smokey tea vinegar. Has anyone used this? and, if so, for what?

Cheers!
Allyn
Peter Dy

"Allyn B. Brodsky" > wrote in message
4.201...
> While googling for information on White Soy, I happened to come
> across a description of smokey lapsang-suchong tea vinegar here
>
> http://www.chefresource.com/tea-vinegar.html
>
> I have enjoyed the taste of the smokey tea, but had never heard of a
> smokey tea vinegar. Has anyone used this? and, if so, for what?

I doubt it is a traditional vinegar. This one is made in California, after
all. Sounds more like one of those new designer-type infused vinegars/oils.
Sounds like it would be a good addition to your regular potsticker dip
though.

Peter

Allyn B. Brodsky

On 21 Oct 2003, Peter Dy wrote in
:

> I doubt it is a traditional vinegar. This one is made in
> California, after all. Sounds more like one of those new
> designer-type infused vinegars/oils. Sounds like it would be a
> good addition to your regular potsticker dip though.

That's exactly what I was wondering. However, I wasn't sure it was
worth the risk of a bottle before I knew if anyone had ever tried it.
Seems unlikely though.

Cheers!
Allyn