Daniel Marx

Default Asian Food in Lehigh Valley, PA

Does anyone know of any Asian food stores in the Lehigh Valley region
of Pennsylvania, especially stores with good Japanese selections?
Thanks in advance.
Musashi

"Daniel Marx" > wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of any Asian food stores in the Lehigh Valley region
> of Pennsylvania, especially stores with good Japanese selections?
> Thanks in advance.

how far away are you from the NJ side
of the George Washington Bridge?

<<coming out of lurk mode>>
Having escaped from Hazleton Pa (north of Allentown) about 4 years ago I
can tell you that there were no asian food stores north of Philadelphia when
we lived there. You can go down to the "Chinatown" in Philadelphia and find
quite a few asian stores of all types. It is a cosmopolitan city afterall..
But I was shocked to see that even in Allentown there is nothing along the
line of asian anything..heck, in Hell..i mean in Hazleton there was a
"chinese" restaurant but all of their supplies were trucked in from
companies in NJ and NYC.
During a hospital stay in Lehigh Valley Hospital I made the mistake of
trying a dish they claimed was "Oriental" It was basically chicken and
broccoli ala Peking style(that spelling should have warned me). On the side
in the condiments that came withe dish was a packet of <shudder> forgive me
for using this but the soy sauce packet said La Choy!!!!! I mean that stuff
is not even good enough to give a starving person, and it is nowhere, no
way, real soy sauce...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..Talk about having your patients
lose their appetites
Anyway, sorry to give you the bad news. I hope things MIGHT have changed but
knowing that area after being stranded in Hell..I mean Hazleton for 14 years
I doubt things have changed.
Mike
"Musashi" > wrote in message
m...

> "Daniel Marx" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Does anyone know of any Asian food stores in the Lehigh Valley region
> > of Pennsylvania, especially stores with good Japanese selections?
> > Thanks in advance.

> how far away are you from the NJ side
> of the George Washington Bridge?

---

Musashi

In light of this information, perhaps the poster would consider ordering
on-line?

" > wrote in
message ...
> <<coming out of lurk mode>>
> Having escaped from Hazleton Pa (north of Allentown) about 4 years ago I
> can tell you that there were no asian food stores north of Philadelphia

when
> we lived there. You can go down to the "Chinatown" in Philadelphia and

find
> quite a few asian stores of all types. It is a cosmopolitan city

afterall..
> But I was shocked to see that even in Allentown there is nothing along the
> line of asian anything..heck, in Hell..i mean in Hazleton there was a
> "chinese" restaurant but all of their supplies were trucked in from
> companies in NJ and NYC.
> During a hospital stay in Lehigh Valley Hospital I made the mistake of
> trying a dish they claimed was "Oriental" It was basically chicken and
> broccoli ala Peking style(that spelling should have warned me). On the

side
> in the condiments that came withe dish was a packet of <shudder> forgive

me
> for using this but the soy sauce packet said La Choy!!!!! I mean that

stuff
> is not even good enough to give a starving person, and it is nowhere, no
> way, real soy sauce...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..Talk about having your patients
> lose their appetites
> Anyway, sorry to give you the bad news. I hope things MIGHT have changed

but
> knowing that area after being stranded in Hell..I mean Hazleton for 14

years
> I doubt things have changed.
> Mike
> "Musashi" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "Daniel Marx" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Does anyone know of any Asian food stores in the Lehigh Valley region
> > > of Pennsylvania, especially stores with good Japanese selections?
> > > Thanks in advance.

> > how far away are you from the NJ side
> > of the George Washington Bridge?
> >

> ---

Daniel Marx

"Musashi" > wrote in message . com>...
> In light of this information, perhaps the poster would consider ordering
> on-line?

I would, and, if I have to, I will. However, the sites I have found
(www.maruwa.com, www.katagiri.com, www.anasuper.com) all charge
"handling" fees, which I *hate*. I mean, the first two are retail
stores. Don't they "handle" the items when they shelve them?!
I live about 30 minutes from NJ, in answer to your previous question.
Well, actually, I don't "live" here, I just attend college here. Most
likely, I'll just buy alot when I go home.

Asian food stores z z General Cooking 66 30-11-2011 06:02 AM
Asian Wedding Food tan General Cooking 1 05-07-2011 10:00 PM
Asian food on the menue soon. Jeßus[_10_] General Cooking 0 07-02-2009 06:23 AM
Asian food on the menue soon. Miche[_3_] General Cooking 1 07-02-2009 04:03 AM
Asian food...... PeterLucas[_4_] General Cooking 6 22-01-2008 04:35 AM