cherry

Default information

Can you give me some famous asian chicken receipes?

Her Serene Highness

"cherry" > wrote in message
> Can you give me some famous asian chicken receipes?

From which part of Asia? That's a mighty large area to cover- kind of like
asking for some famous European bread recipes, which would include
everything from Sally Lunn to Swedish flatbread and Jewish Rye.

Member

Location: us

Coconut Ginger Chicken in the Crock Pot

Directions:

1.Combine ingredients from the spice blend together and set aside.

2.In a mini food processor, combine garlic, ginger and onion and pulse until it forms a paste.

3.In a heavy skillet, heat coconut oil and melt butter. Add pureed aromatics and stir well. Cook for a few minutes, then add spice blend. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.

4.Move aromatics to one side of the skillet and add chicken pieces to the pot. Cook chicken slightly on all sides, using a sturdy wooden spoon to move it around the pot. It should get thoroughly coated with the spice mixture. Transfer chicken and remaining spices/juices to the crock pot.

5.Open the cans of coconut milk and remove the cream from the top using a soup spoon. You should have about 1 cup of coconut cream. Pour the coconut milk over the chicken; it should just barely cover the chicken.

6.Place the slow cooker in the base and cook on low for 4 hours.

7.After 4 hours of cooking, whisk cornstarch with coconut cream until smooth and add to the chicken. Stir well.

8.Add frozen vegetables of your choice. Cook for another half an hour or until you deem the vegetables hot.
Member

Looks so yummy to me.. I like to eat Beef with Mayo garlic sauce, I'll also try to make this yummy recipe with mayo sauce and enjoy..
Member

Location: Makati City

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry View Post
Can you give me some famous asian chicken receipes?
Chicken Adobo in Philippines. One of my favorite.

6-8 Servings

Ingredients

4 -5 lbs. chicken thighs
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. black peppercorns
3 bay leaves

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cover and marinate chicken for 1-3 hours. Bring to boil, then lower heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened, and chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.

Recipe courtesy of Corinne Domingo

information [email protected] General Cooking 0 20-07-2007 02:26 PM
some information jassica[_2_] General Cooking 0 13-03-2007 04:20 AM
Tea information Robert Tea 9 28-01-2006 05:58 PM
OT Gas Prices ( New Information) Dimitri General Cooking 39 05-09-2005 08:06 PM
information cherry Coffee 4 17-06-2004 12:16 AM