Peter Dy

Default tom kha gai

"Jim Jones" > wrote in message
om...
> Peter Dy wrote:
>
> >"Jim Jones" > wrote in message
> . com...

> >[...]
> >>And it's all in sync with my experience of tom kha gai in
> >> Thailand.

> >So, you have to have been to Thailand to know about Tom Kha Gai? And

> you
> >think the rest of us haven't been to Thailand?
> >
> >Peter

> Mr. Dy:
>
> I normally don't respond to posts such as this, but this raises
> several issues that merit response.
>
> First, I'm not sure what I did to raise your ire, but I apologize.

Jim, I didn't think my post was at a level which could be considered "ire."
Nevertheless, perhaps I had read too much into your post, something that may
be due to my training in dealing with texts. Sorry for the confusion.

I thought your reply to be quite good, btw.

Peter

Jim Jones

"Peter Dy" > wrote in message .com>...

> Jim, I didn't think my post was at a level which could be considered "ire."
> Nevertheless, perhaps I had read too much into your post, something that may
> be due to my training in dealing with texts. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I thought your reply to be quite good, btw.
>
> Peter

Peter:

Sorry, ire was a bad choice of words on my part. Your training
reading texts leads you to be sensitive in some areas. My work life
leads me to be sensitive in others. I spend a significant amount of
my time negotiating or otherwise being "tough", so outside work (in
direct personal and also hobby correspondence like this) I like to
think of myself as the most gentle, considerate person around. Hence,
I was a little oversensitive. Again, sorry.

In any case, thanks for your kind response.

Jim