Posted to alt.food.asian

Default something with mangos

I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them but my
teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you have a
recipe idea i would appreciate it,

Lee

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them but
> my teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you have a
> recipe idea i would appreciate it,

Hey, Lee,

Spicy dipping sauce?

Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)

Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish sauce
and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then pounded in
a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with cooked okra. Mmmmm!

I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I find
it.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them but
>> my teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you have a
>> recipe idea i would appreciate it,

> Hey, Lee,
>
> Spicy dipping sauce?
>
> Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
>
> Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish sauce
> and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then pounded in
> a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with cooked okra. Mmmmm!
>
> I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I find
> it.

Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html

She has another for black sticky rice, and I think you could easily use
the mangos on it too: http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html

Cheers,

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >> I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them
> >> but my teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you
> >> have a recipe idea i would appreciate it,

> > Hey, Lee,
> >
> > Spicy dipping sauce?
> >
> > Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
> >
> > Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish
> > sauce and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then
> > pounded in a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with
> > cooked okra. Mmmmm!
> >
> > I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I
> > find it.

> Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html

This is so similar to mine that there's no need for me to post it.

> She has another for black sticky rice, and I think you could easily use
> the mangos on it too:
> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html

I can't recall Jun making black sticky rice (Cao Niaow Dahm). I'll have to
ask her about that. Thanks, Ian.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:
> " > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> Hey, Lee,
>>>
>>> Spicy dipping sauce?
>>>
>>> Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
>>>
>>> Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish
>>> sauce and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then
>>> pounded in a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with
>>> cooked okra. Mmmmm!
>>>
>>> I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I
>>> find it.

>> Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
>> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html

> This is so similar to mine that there's no need for me to post it.
>
>> She has another for black sticky rice, and I think you could easily use
>> the mangos on it too:
>> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html

> I can't recall Jun making black sticky rice (Cao Niaow Dahm). I'll have to
> ask her about that. Thanks, Ian.

Its got a nutty taste to it, and its delicious.

Cheers,

Ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

thanks that rice sounds good, am sure i would like the first but DH doesn't
eat spicey or hot, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them but
>> my teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you have a
>> recipe idea i would appreciate it,

> Hey, Lee,
>
> Spicy dipping sauce?
>
> Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
>
> Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish sauce
> and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then pounded
> in
> a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with cooked okra. Mmmmm!
>
> I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I find
> it.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.asian

thank you will save these links, Lee
" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>>> I have 2 soft ball mangos, i was going to make smoothees out of them but
>>> my teeth have vetoed the idea of a cold drink right now, so if you have
>>> recipe idea i would appreciate it,

>> Hey, Lee,
>>
>> Spicy dipping sauce?
>>
>> Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
>>
>> Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish sauce
>> and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then pounded
>> in
>> a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with cooked okra.
>> Mmmmm!
>>
>> I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I find
>> it.
>>

> Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html
>
> She has another for black sticky rice, and I think you could easily use
> the mangos on it too:
> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

yes there is, i still can't acess the web, haven't gotten the bugs in the
screen reader worked out yet, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> " > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> >
>> > Hey, Lee,
>> >
>> > Spicy dipping sauce?
>> >
>> > Jun's Nam Prik Ma Muang (mango)
>> >
>> > Red onion, prik bon (Thai pepperoncillo), garlic, canned tuna, fish
>> > sauce and green mango. The garlic is browned in a dry frying pan, then
>> > pounded in a molcajeta. This is hot, but real good! I had it with
>> > cooked okra. Mmmmm!
>> >
>> > I have a recipe for Sticky rice with mangoes, which I'll post when I
>> > find it.

>> Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
>> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html

> This is so similar to mine that there's no need for me to post it.
>
>> She has another for black sticky rice, and I think you could easily use
>> the mangos on it too:
>> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/bstickr.html

> I can't recall Jun making black sticky rice (Cao Niaow Dahm). I'll have to
> ask her about that. Thanks, Ian.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> yes there is, i still can't acess the web, haven't gotten the bugs in the
> screen reader worked out yet, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > " > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> Kasma Loha-unchit has one for mangos & sticky rice at
> >> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/recipes/stickrice.html

> > This is so similar to mine that there's no need for me to post it.
> > [ . . . ]

OK. Note that I haven't transcribed the procedure for making the cao niaow
(sticky rice), yet. I'll get to it. Just one of too many irons I have in
the fire.

It's really well described in the above web site. I hope you're able to
figure out how to access it. Meanwhile:

Steamed sticky (sweet) rice with mangoes (Cao Niaow Ma Muang)

My wife and daughter make this often. It's very good! Serves 8.

4 cups glutinous rice

1/2 cup yellow mung beans

1 cup thick coconut milk
2 cups thin coconut milk
4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar

Mangoes

1. Cook the glutinous rice. [see above]

2. Toast the mung beans in a dry wok until they are brown and crisp.

3. Combine 1 cup of thick coconut milk and 1/2 tsp salt in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil and remove from heat immediately. Stir until the salt is
dissolved. Let cool and pour into a serving pitcher. Set aside.

4. Combine the 2 cups thin coconut milk, 3-1/2 tsp salt and the 1/2 cup
sugar. Mix until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.

5. Put the rice in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the ingredients from Step 4
and cover. Let stand around 5 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the
liquid.

6. Stir the mixture thoroughly, but gently, and put it on a serving
platter. Peel the mangoes, slice them lengthwise along the seed, then
crosswise into pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Arrange them around the steamed
rice and sprinkle all with the toasted mung beans.

7. Serve with the remaining coconut milk, which each diner may pour over
theirs according to taste.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

because once again life got in the way I put the mangos, chicken breasts and
some prepared garlic lime salsa that isn't too spicey in the slow cooker and
served it over brown rice, Lee

Mangos!!! zydecogary General Cooking 1 08-06-2011 07:18 PM
Dried Mangos Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 16 17-06-2010 12:43 AM
Mangos & Plans (long) The Joneses[_1_] Preserving 4 26-06-2007 05:43 PM
Manilla mangos Dee Randall General Cooking 0 12-08-2005 05:03 PM
Can I add mangos and bananas to wine ??? Karl-Hugo Weesberg Winemaking 3 28-10-2004 12:33 AM