Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian

Default Chinese bakery on Clement Street...

There is a bakery I like on Clement Street around 7th; I don't know
the name but it's logo is a yellow dragon. The only Chinese pastry I
ever had before was a sesame ball, but they were out and the lady
suggested something else. I expected a fruit filling but it was some
sort of meat and mild chiles. I'd rather not know what kind of meat
was in it but it was delicious! They had just come out of the fryer
so they were nice and hot, but so filling I could only eat two of
them. The texture of the dough was good, and even though it was
saturated with oil it wasn't too greasy. And you can buy three of
them for only $1.50.
Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian

Guy wrote on Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:17:24 -0700:

>> I expected a fruit filling but it was some
>> sort of meat and mild chiles. I'd rather not know what kind
>> of meat was in it but it was delicious!

You might want to enquire if there are other fillings. There is a place
near where I live (in Rockville, MD) that has what seem to be similar
baked buns. The pastry is soft and very slightly sweet. I remember
bean, pork and chicken curry and there are others.......pretty good too!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian

In article >,
"Cuddly Duddly" > wrote:

> Years ago in England, the authorities rolled up a Chinese bakery/restaurant
> when the garbage collectors noticed every collection day an inordinate
> number of used, opened dog food cans. Hmmm.....

Prolly another urban legend.

Posted to ba.food,alt.food.asian

Cuddly Duddly > writes:

> Years ago in England, the authorities rolled up a Chinese
> bakery/restaurant when the garbage collectors noticed every
> collection day an inordinate number of used, opened dog food
> cans. Hmmm.....

If a known or self-identified Republican posted such a thing,
he'd be set upon and denounced as a racist.

Geoff

--
"People who enjoy meetings should not be
in charge of anything." -- Thomas Sowell

TN: Pape Clement vertical, + Doyard, LdH, Carillon, Guiraud DaleW Wine 0 05-04-2017 08:12 PM
Pape Clement Bill S. Wine 7 18-01-2009 04:53 AM
Clement Restaurant in San Francisco (review) [email protected] Asian Cooking 12 10-12-2008 08:04 PM
Pope Clement VII chianti-where to buy CigarLawyer Wine 2 04-07-2004 04:05 PM
TN: '61 Pape Clement with my '61 bro Dale Williams Wine 10 27-06-2004 01:53 PM